Clear all

Documented Latin American SCs in 2022

10 Posts
5 Users
16 Likes
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  

I like to treat Latin America as a whole region due to the similarities of the culture, and not dividing it between South American, Central America and North America. I wasn't sure where to put this list, but since we don't really have ''real statistics'' for the oldest people in Latin America as in other countries, but we just randomly discover documented cases among many claims, I wanted to make a list about the Latin American cases documented in 2022 so far:

(in order of discovery/110th birthday):

1-Martina Rodríguez de Medina, female, born on 12 November 1892 in Argentina and passed away on 30 October 2004 in Berrotarán, Córdoba, Argentina.

2- A. M. S. S., female, born on 13 April 1908 in Purificación, Texcoco, Mexico and passed away on 13 July 2020 in Texcoco, Mexico.

3- Arcenio Cobba Balcazar, male, born on 7 July 1907 in Trujillo, Peru, and passed away on 21 July 2017 in Rome, Lazio, Italy. 

4- Juana Santos Caballero, female, born on 24 November 1910 in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico and passed away on 28 January 2022 in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico.

5- Horacio Celi Mendoza, male, born on 3 January 1897 in Ocoto Bajo, Piura, Peru, and passed away on 25 September 2011 in Ocoto Bajo, Piura, Peru. 

6- Jose Fernandes Mogado, male, born on 10 January 1912 in Assanha da Paz, Pombal, Leiria District, Portugal and living in Indaiatuba, Sao Paulo State, Brazil.

7- Herminia Rosa López Tobón, female, born on 21 January 1912 in Santa Ana, Granada, Antioquia, Colombia and living in Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia.

8- Dolores Pasquini Boscardin, female, born on 27 October 1897 in Curitaba, Parana, Brazil, and passed away on 30 November 2009 in Cutiraba, Parana, Brazil.

9- Teresa Moraga Jara, female, female, born on 29 January 1912 in Chile and living in Santiago, Santiago, Chile.

10- Hazel Barnard Cothrell, female, born on 2 February 1912 in Corn Island, Nicaragua and living in Corn Island, Nicaragua.

11- Martha Rosa Castañeda, female, born on 16 October 1911 in San Bartolomé, Pácora, Caldas, Colombia, and passed away on 3 February 2022 in Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.

12- Sabina Garay, female, born on 9 February 1912 in San Miguel, El Salvador and living in San Salvador, El Salvador. First documented Supercentenarian to have always lived in El Salvador (Mercedes Lucrecia Ríos, the other documented Salvadoran Supercentenarian, died in the USA)

13- Jovita Maria de Jesus, female, born on 4 December 1904 in Formiga, Minas Gerais, Brazil, and passed away on 18 August 2015 in Pirenopolis, Minas Gerais, Brazil. 

14- María Gabriela Calderón de la Barca, female, born on 22 February 1912 in Buenos Aires, Argentina and living in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

15- Josefina Snyder López-Jara, female, born on 11 April 1909 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, and passed away on 4 December 2019 in Arizona, USA. 

16- A. R. O, female, born on 27 September 1902 in Dominican Republic, and passed away on 23 February 2017 in Dominican Republic.

17- Carmen Socorro Carrasco de Pacheco, female, born on 26 November 1901 in Siquisique, Urdaneta, Lara, Venezuela and passed away on 13 January 2013 in Barquisimeto, Lara, Venezuela. 

ArthurBrazil, Admin, heatwave116 and 3 people reacted
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  

I wanted to include photos of each case but I am not able to do it here yet. 

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Has the LAS validated Ramona Echevarria (1896 - 2007) from Puerto Rico? I sent a validation summary to the GRG on the WOP group about five years ago.

ArthurBrazil reacted
ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

Has the LAS validated Ramona Echevarria (1896 - 2007) from Puerto Rico? I sent a validation summary to the GRG on the WOP group about five years ago.

I believe I did review her case, but wanted more evidence at the time. I will check again what was located and if more evidence is available.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @coyote77

I like to treat Latin America as a whole region due to the similarities of the culture, and not dividing it between South American, Central America and North America. I wasn't sure where to put this list, but since we don't really have ''real statistics'' for the oldest people in Latin America as in other countries, but we just randomly discover documented cases among many claims, I wanted to make a list about the Latin American cases documented in 2022 so far:

3- Arcenio Cobba Balcazar, male, born on 7 July 1907 in Trujillo, Peru, and passed away on 21 July 2017 in Rome, Lazio, Italy. 

About Arcenio Cobba Balcazar, a member of the italian team told me that, on the online family tree, it appears that a brother of Arcenio was born in December 1907.....

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

About Arcenio Cobba Balcazar, a member of the italian team told me that, on the online family tree, it appears that a brother of Arcenio was born in December 1907.....

That brother was actually born in May 1910 according to his baptismal record.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ale76
Posted by: @coyote77

Not possible though as Arcenio’s baptismal record is from 1907. Plus, we have several mid-life documents supporting 1906 (so the 1 year mistake started very early in his life)

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  

Here is a video of the recent discovered Venezuelan SC, Carmen Pacheco de Carrasco:

ArthurBrazil reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  

Picture of A. R. O. from Dominican Republic:

WellAbove110, Dejan, ArthurBrazil and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

[Discussion on the definition of Latin America moved here.]