Oldest person you have met - poll

11 Posts
9 Users
27 Likes
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan
Topic starter  

How old is the oldest person you have met?

(btw 105+ actually means 105-109)

On 7 December 2021 at around 7:30 PM, I had a short FaceTime call with 112-year-old Pearl Berg of Los Angeles, California, United States.

This topic was modified 1 year ago 4 times by Charlesm09

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

Pavlos123, Gabriel_PT, ChrisR and 1 people reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Zia Emma at 116.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Pavlos123, Gabriel_PT, ChrisR and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Emma Morano at 116.

ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

A Lady I will meet again next wednesday. On wednesday she will be 108 years and 180 days.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

I'm never met SC (However I visited 2 of 115+ SC's nursing home) because I'm not powerful person enough for can met real supercentenarian. But instead of never met an SC, I met a prime minister accidentally.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Pavlos123 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I met Alfred Date a couple of months after his 110th birthday.

I was doing some work with the Local Municipal Council up on the Central Coast (about 1 hour north of Sydney) where he lived.

The Council were looking to promote their area and some of its citizens and I pointed out to them that their area contained Australia’s oldest man.

Alfred’s son arranged a quiet catch up for two or three of us with Alfred. He was frail and to be fair “slipping” at that stage.

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

I met Alfred Date a couple of months after his 110th birthday.

I was doing some work with the Local Municipal Council up on the Central Coast (about 1 hour north of Sydney) where he lived.

The Council were looking to promote their area and some of its citizens and I pointed out to them that their area contained Australia’s oldest man.

Alfred’s son arranged a quiet catch up for two or three of us with Alfred. He was frail and to be fair “slipping” at that stage.

By "frail" and "slipping", do you mean he was completely bedridden and no longer communicative, or was he just not able to walk? Could he still answer questions?

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

At that stage he didn’t get out the bed he was resting in.

He was attentive for parts of our discussion and either non attentive or his thoughts were mixed for other parts of it. At that stage he came across as very tired.

It was near the end of our summer being either late Feb or early March 2016, if I remember correctly and he passed away about 8 weeks later.

I do know that he had been in fairly good shape for most of 2015, so that’s why I used the term “slipping”.

Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

We were there for about half an hour and for him, at that stage, it was certainly long enough.

But for the avoidance of doubt, yes he could talk, answer questions and reminisce. But that fell away in about the second 15 mins of our meeting with him.

ReplyQuote
Fabri21
(@fabri21)
Fan

Maria Branyas, one day before her 116th!

LAS administrator and member since 12 January 2020.
Global Supercentenarian Forum member since 1 March 2022.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

A woman in France at the age of 97,5. She was part of "Le Troisième Âge" (a group of elderly that meet up every now and then for activities), which my French grandparents were also part of, and eventually died in Roquefort-sur-Garonne (or maybe in Boussens) at the age of 103 or 104.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Pavlos123, Gabriel_PT, diego and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: