541 Posts
28 Users
974 Likes
27.2 K Views
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  
Kimi Kawasaki (JPN) (March 24, 1909 - December 10, 2022, 113), validated by LQ on 1 February 2023.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ChrisR and WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  
Mitsuno Sato (JPN) (April 9, 1909 - October 6, 2022, 113), validated by LQ on 1 February 2023

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Anna Wilmot (USA/PHL) (15 Aug 1898 – 10 May 2009, 110),
Naomi Whitehead (USA) (26 Sept 1910 – present, 112,), and
Catherina van der Linden (NED/AUS) (26 Aug 1912 – present, 110) validated by LQ on 1 February 2023.

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Nice to see JimJim00 has also helped out LongeviQuest! 😀 

EDIT: nine more days for Mrs Van der Linden to tie her aunt's age. (And I suspect it's fewer days when looking at number of days lived.)

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

The anonymous woman from Canada is named as [xxx] in numerous sources now.

EDIT by Admin: better to be safe than sorry. 🙃 

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Thoughts on opening a topic of Countries that have never had a validated Supercentenarian?

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@aquanaut_chalk go for it. Do mention potential claims from those countries but there is really no need for any opinions regarding their veracity.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Three more LQ validated supercentenarians.

Agnes Bostrom (SWE 29 Apr 1912 - present)

Ruby Lockhart (USA 17 May 1912 - present)

Ejra Grimstam (SWE 29 June 1912 - present)

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Michiko Yamazaki (JPN) (28 July 1905 – 31 October 2019, 114) and
Ine Kizu (JPN) (February 5, 1908 - October 13, 2020, 112) validated by LQ.

ChrisR, Aquanaut and Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

Michiko Yamazaki (JPN) (28 July 1905 – 31 October 2019, 114) and
Ine Kizu (JPN) (February 5, 1908 - October 13, 2020, 112) validated by LQ.

Oh, wow! I had no idea that Ine Kizu's date of death was known! And Mrs Yamazaki died on the last day of October, what are the odds?!

(Yes, 1 in 31, but you get what I mean...)

This is already a great day! 😍

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

@marco Yes, known since, respectively, almost 3 years and almost 2 years.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Wow! Cheers to a person +114 being validated! That's the highest age I've personally seen so far validated by longeviquest! (Not saying it's the highest ever) LQ is a very recent organization but they've done a mighty good job validating people! Bravo! You guys inspire me!

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@marco Yes, known since, respectively, almost 3 years and almost 2 years.

Oh, how I wish their lives could have been celebrated by the GRG sooner... 🙃 

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Eunis Pryce (JAM) (April 20, 1909 - February 20, 2021, 111) validated by LQ.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Hazel Young (USA) (13 June 1910 – 17 Dec 2022, 112),
Celestine Szemenciak (USA) (5 Apr 1912 – present, 110), and
Anna Boffilo Natella (ITA/USA)( 21 Nov 1912 – present, 110) validated by LQ.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Doris Johnson (USA) (6 Nov 1911 – present, 111) validated by LQ.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Congrats Mrs. Johnson! And she shares an exact birthday with Mr. Gisaburo Sonobe from Japan!

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Kunie Kamiya (JPN) (13 Sept 1908 – 26 Jan 2021, 112) validated by LQ.

ChrisR and Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

Herbert Wolding (15 Oct 1912) of USA and Dulcie Fawcett (30 Jan 1913) of Australia validated today. Congratulations to them!

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

Marco and Sonicbox reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

1913 has made its debut as a producer of supercentenarians.

ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Congratulations to Herbert Wolding and Dulcie Fawcett!

Herbert Wolding is the founder of a Wisconsin-based trucking company.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Flaviano Cruspero Jubane (PHI) (22 Dec 1909-13 Feb 2020), 110 yrs, 63 days, validated by LQ on 20 January 2023.
Lourdina Conceição Lobo (IND) (8 Dec 1908–3 Nov 2021), 112 yrs, 330 days, validated by LQ on 20 January 2023.

Delightful to see verified cases from places that don't have very many verified SCs! I would have previously thought that verified SCs from such places would be unusual at this specific point in time, but when you think about it, it really isn't since wherever the Roman Catholic Church has existed for a long time, there should be extensive documentation for people, even for those people who were born a long time ago. The Philippines, for instance, was Catholic for a very long time, and India also had a sizable Catholic community for a long time, albeit as a small percentage of the overall Indian population.

ReplyQuote
Hoopy
(@hoopy)
Supercentenarian Fan

It is very pleasing to see the high number of supercentenarians being validated by LQ.  A somewhat surprising outcome has been that all of a sudden the GRG has also picked up its pace.  But another more hidden observation comes with the validation of Dulcie Fawcett.  As an Australian I’m pleasantly surprised she has been validated so quickly,  but the ease and expediency of her validation highlights everything that went wrong with the GRG.(IMO) Now hear me out here and let’s use Australia as a “test case” 

imagine I am a family member of an Australian supercentenarian and I wanted to get my mother/grand-mother/aunt, validated.  Now, let’s assume I also have good documentation. Had my relative turned 110 before say 2015, all would have been well. Regardless of how long she/he lived, they probably would have seen their validation whilst they were still living, and celebrated thereafter.

Now, imagine the same scenario but you happen to become a SC between 2016-2022.  Unless you happen to be lucky enough to live to 112/113 plus, you wouldn’t get validated whilst living (if at all).  And so we see what I’m going to call the “squeeze” effect. To this day, SC’s such as Marjorie Cooke and Dexter Kruger remain unvalidated simply because they happened to be born between the years 1906-1911 and not have had the good fortune to reach 113. Had they been born in 1900, they would be validated or now in 1913, validated, but during those years, we saw the validation levels slowly squeezed down. Firstly it was 111+, then 112+ and then 113+ and towards the end of last year it was edging 114 that you would have to live to, to see yourself validated. And it wasn’t just Australia, but everywhere! 

And then some people presumably had enough and rival validation authorities emerged! And what have they proved - that all the excuses were just that, excuses. The proof is in the pudding. Think about it! There are now about 70-80 living supercentenarians who are validated. 
And all the issues over recent years seem completely unnecessary, simply because (as far as I see it) one person had to check everything! 
So, my heartfelt congratulations to all those people doing validation work for LAS, LQ and ESO. It is appreciated.

I just ask one thing that would make it perfect - and that is for ESO and LQ to come together in the spirit of unity so that LQ can recognise all the European Supercentenarians as it has with the South Americans.  Its the Elephant in the room.

I will probably never post such a long message again, and I hope that I have not misconstrued anything. If I have I apologise and invite clarification.

Hoopy

ChrisR, seto2001, Marco and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@hoopy I think that you have summarized the situation splendidly. New organisations have forced an older, perhaps almost no longer relevant, organisation to make an effort to keep up with what is happening. 

I would be interested in us at the ESO joining the LQ if some changes can be made and accepted, as well as if we get a better understanding regarding exactly what the long-term goals of the LQ is. 

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

1913 has made its debut as a producer of supercentenarians.

Yes, excellent work by LQ! And in the coming days I'll write the validation report for a 1913-born European SC! 😀 

Overduidelijk misschien.

seto2001 and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @hoopy

It is very pleasing to see the high number of supercentenarians being validated by LQ.  A somewhat surprising outcome has been that all of a sudden the GRG has also picked up its pace.  But another more hidden observation comes with the validation of Dulcie Fawcett.  As an Australian I’m pleasantly surprised she has been validated so quickly, but the ease and expediency of her validation highlights everything that went wrong with the GRG.(IMO) Now hear me out here and let’s use Australia as a “test case” 

(...)

And then some people presumably had enough and rival validation authorities emerged! And what have they proved - that all the excuses were just that, excuses. The proof is in the pudding. Think about it! There are now about 70-80 living supercentenarians who are validated. 
And all the issues over recent years seem completely unnecessary, simply because (as far as I see it) one person had to check everything! 
So, my heartfelt congratulations to all those people doing validation work for LAS, LQ and ESO. It is appreciated.

I just ask one thing that would make it perfect - and that is for ESO and LQ to come together in the spirit of unity so that LQ can recognise all the European Supercentenarians as it has with the South Americans.  Its the Elephant in the room.

Yes, the fact that LAS, ESO, and now LQ have (relatively easily) validated living SCs at the age of 110 shows that these people can in fact receive recognition whilst being alive. I know that the GRG had its reasons for validating supercentenarians the way it did, but I am pleased to see that not just ESO, but also LAS and now LQ too have chosen a different path. It is usually an honour for a supercentenarian's relatives to see their loved one on the list of validated, living supercentenarians.

And as an ESO member I obviously cannot divulge too much information, but rest assured that LQ knows ESO exists. And the events of the past couple of days have most definitely led to new developments.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Gabriel_PT and seto2001 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Rachel Kohl (USA) (28 June 1909 – 17 Nov 2022, 113) validated by LQ.

Pavlos123 and Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Mrs Kohl actually made it to 113-142.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Lillian Anderson (JAM, 28 Feb 1898 – 2 July 2011, 112)
Ángela Díaz Millán (MEX, 29 Apr 1910 – 19 Oct 2022, 112)
Anonymous (MEX, 13 Apr 1908 – 13 July 2020, 112)
Tránsito Ayala de Aranda (COL, 13 Aug 1896 – 9 Oct 2008, 112)
Claudina Higuita de Robledo (COL, 30 Oct 1910 – 20 Dec 2022, 112)
Dolores Pasquini Boscardin (BRA, 27 Oct 1897 – 30 Nov 2009, 112)
Manuela Aragón Arenas (MEX 30 June 1906 – 26 June 2018, 112)
María Lemus-Treviño (MEX/USA, 13 Mar 1910 – 8 Jan 2022, 111)
validated by LQ.

Pavlos123 and Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Lillian Anderson (JAM, 28 Feb 1898 – 2 July 2011, 112)
Ángela Díaz Millán (MEX, 29 Apr 1910 – 19 Oct 2022, 112)
Anonymous (MEX, 13 Apr 1908 – 13 July 2020, 112)
Tránsito Ayala de Aranda (COL, 13 Aug 1896 – 9 Oct 2008, 112)
Claudina Higuita de Robledo (COL, 30 Oct 1910 – 20 Dec 2022, 112)
Dolores Pasquini Boscardin (BRA, 27 Oct 1897 – 30 Nov 2009, 112)
Manuela Aragón Arenas (MEX 30 June 1906 – 26 June 2018, 112)
María Lemus-Treviño (MEX/USA, 13 Mar 1910 – 8 Jan 2022, 111)
validated by LQ.

Just to note, the Latin American SCs were not validated by LQ like Mrs. Anderson was, these are LAS validations recognized by LQ now.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

diego and Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 19
Share: