Claims from Mexico (Age 108+)

27 Posts
8 Users
10 Likes
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

Leonardo Vázquez Hernández - of Carrizal (Emiliano Zapata), Veracruz - celebrated his claimed 110th birthday.

He claims to be born on 14 March 1912.

Photo from Mar 2019 (the post mentions he is 105, but the relatives commended how he was actually 107 and that his name was not spelled correctly):

"Hoy vi a Leonardo Hernande Vazques el Hombre mas Longevo de Carrizal con 105 años #GenteBien
I ♥️ Carrizal Portal Publico"

I can confirm how he is alive as of 14 March 2022, but I won't post the link and photos since a relative posted them without mentioning his name in the post. Let's wait a bit to see if the family will want to cooperate to have him validated. I'm only making this post since someone already created an article for him on Gerontology Wiki.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ArthurBrazil and Dejan reacted
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hey everyone I was researching supercentenarians as usual, and I came across one I had never heard of. A claim from Mexico, Mr. Elias Chavez Alvarez. I did some searching and found he is listed back in 2021 as plausible but in limbo. The link I found is in Spanish, and I cannot read it, but it appears to confirm that he is now 114 years of age? I'll post it down below. Has anyone here heard of Mr. Alvarez? Or know whether he has been debunked? I had never heard of Mr. Alvarez, but his case seems plausible, and I would be interested in finding more information on his case. I would be happy to do some more researching and see what I can find. Thoughts?

Here's the link

https://emprendedor.com/el-hombre-mas-longevo-del-mundo-podria-ser-un-mexicano/?amp

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I contacted the nursing home in which Mr. Elias Chavez Alvarez lives and let them know that it is free to apply for the record... Claiming to have been born on November 08, 1908, he may be the oldest living man at 114... 

Then I heard a response back from the nursing home...

I spoke with them this morning and they told me that they are not going to submit Mr. Alvarez's documents because his family says he's only in his 90s. I don't know about everyone's opinions on here, but I think that is enough to consider him debunked. 

A bit suspicious how his family says he's in his 90s, but the nursing home states he is 114. My opinion? The most likely scenario is that 8 years ago when Mr. Alvarez first moved into the nursing home, he believed he was 106 and told that to the staff. In reality he was probably only 86. Now, 8 years later the nursing home believes he's 114, when he's probably only 94.

Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

I contacted the nursing home in which Mr. Elias Chavez Alvarez lives and let them know that it is free to apply for the record... Claiming to have been born on November 08, 1908, he may be the oldest living man at 114... 

I spoke with them this morning and they told me that they are not going to submit Mr. Alvarez's documents because his family says he's only in his 90s. I don't know about everyone's opinions on here, but I think that is enough to consider him debunked. 

A bit suspicious how his family says he's in his 90s, but the nursing home states he is 114. My opinion? The most likely scenario is that 8 years ago when Mr. Alvarez first moved into the nursing home, he believed he was 106 and told that to the staff. In reality he was probably only 86. Now, 8 years later the nursing home believes he's 114, when he's probably only 94.

Thoughts?

His 1994 voting card lists his age as "86", so we can be sure that he was consistent about his claimed age for at least 28 years. 

Who is this "family" they're referring to? Every report I've read has implied that he doesn't have any family members (he never married or had kids) and was "rescued" by the Integral Development of Families (DIF) of Colima in 2015 after being found wandering the streets alone. 

I imagine he's much younger than claimed, but I would be surprised if he were only 94, especially considering he already looked quite old nearly 30 years ago. Have you ever seen a 94 year old who looks like this? I imagine he's probably around 104.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

When I spoke with them, they told me that his daughters and his grandkids all assured that he was in his 90s. 

Of the reports I had read, I had also never heard of him having kids or other family members. I had assumed I read something wrong, but now that you've confirmed I did not make a mistake, this case is beginning to turn into a deep rabbit hole. 

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I just wanted to let everyone know I have found multiple inconsistencies with the case of Mr. Elias Chavez Alvarez. I feel bad about this, but I am no longer going to research his case, due to all the inconsistent things I've found. I highly doubt he's actually 114 after the talk I had with the nursing home staff. I tried my best, but unfortunately I didn't get too far in this case. Anyway whether he is 114 or 94 or whatever age he is, cheers to Mr. Alvarez who is a good man and a veteran of the Mexican War. May he have many more happy years at his nursing home.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Although he was probably born in 1922, Mr. Modesto Lopez Bautista of Mexico passed away yesterday at the claimed age of 114 years & 36 days. May he R.I.P.

ReplyQuote
heatwave116
(@heatwave116)
Fan

Although he was probably born in 1922, Mr. Modesto Lopez Bautista of Mexico passed away yesterday at the claimed age of 114 years & 36 days. May he R.I.P.

I can't access it, but here's the source:

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news/114-year-old-kern-resident-modesto-lopez-bautista-dies/

RIP Modesto Lopez Bautista

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @heatwave116

I can't access it, but here's the source:

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news/114-year-old-kern-resident-modesto-lopez-bautista-dies/

RIP Modesto Lopez Bautista

May he RIP. 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @mendocino

Thoughts?

His 1994 voting card lists his age as "86", so we can be sure that he was consistent about his claimed age for at least 28 years. 

-- attachment is not available --

Who is this "family" they're referring to? Every report I've read has implied that he doesn't have any family members (he never married or had kids) and was "rescued" by the Integral Development of Families (DIF) of Colima in 2015 after being found wandering the streets alone. 

I imagine he's much younger than claimed, but I would be surprised if he were only 94, especially considering he already looked quite old nearly 30 years ago. Have you ever seen a 94 year old who looks like this? I imagine he's probably around 104.

-- attachment is not available --

Age 104 for him sounds reasonable. This would mean that he was 76 rather than 86 in the 1994 voting card photo above, which sounds reasonable.

FWIW, even if he doesn't have a wife or kids, he could still have living siblings, nieces, nephews, et cetera.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I found out the name of the anonymous man from Tabasco, Mexico who claimed to have been 117 & 11 months when he survived Covid in July 2020. His name is Marciano Gonzalez Ovando and he claimed to have been born on 03 August, 1902 and survived Covid in July of 2020. He was last known to be alive on August 11th 2020 at the age of 118 years & 8+ days. His father's name is Victor Gonzales Solis, and his mother's name is Merelina Ovando. (Couldn't quite make out his mother's first name in the documents, but it looked like Merelina) Apparently he is listed in the 1910 census records, but I don't know how to check for that. If someone could please check it would be a big help!

(Yes, it's very unlikely he's the age claimed, but at least we know his name now!)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Elias Chavez Alvarez confirmed alive on 28 July, 2023

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

New claimant. An anonymous man in Morelos, Mexico was reported to have celebrated his claimed 113th birthday on 15 June, 2023. This man, claims to have been born on 15 June, 1910 and was confirmed alive today by the news station. I have recieved pictures and a video of this anonymous man, but the news station wants to keep his name a secret. Yes, I know what you're thinking... I've seen pictures and video of him and it is NOT Otilio.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Why does Latin America seem to have so many male claims?

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

There is an interesting thread somewhere on the Forum from perhaps 2 or 3 months back.

It may have been Mendocino (and I apologise if it was someone else) who confirmed that male super centenarians from Latin and South America appear to make up at least 20% of the total candidates and also validated cases.

By comparison if you look at the areas of Europe, USA, Japan and others; the figure is often nearer 6%.

Feedback put forward in that discussion noted that men from these areas were not impacted by the two world wars. 

Perhaps there are other reasons as well.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

There is an interesting thread somewhere on the Forum from perhaps 2 or 3 months back.

It may have been Mendocino (and I apologise if it was someone else) who confirmed that male super centenarians from Latin and South America appear to make up at least 20% of the total candidates and also validated cases.

By comparison if you look at the areas of Europe, USA, Japan and others; the figure is often nearer 6%.

Feedback put forward in that discussion noted that men from these areas were not impacted by the two world wars. 

Perhaps there are other reasons as well.

US men were not that badly affected by the World Wars either. And Japanese men were barely affected by WWI, albeit not by WWII.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Based on what I've posted in my own thread, it appears that the Santos Cruz Flores (1909-present) claim is legit, no?

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@futurist I haven't seen any info on him or documentation, but I remember that members of the grg and las were discussing that he was a plausible case over on the110club. Doesn't mean a lot but it gives him better odds at least. To me, João Da Missanga, Elias Chavez Alvarez, Juan Jose Vera Villalva, Santos Cruz Flores, Eugenio Zanotty, Alvaro José De Sousa, Abilio Borges Moreira, and Josias de Oliveira seem like plausible cases for men, as none of them have ever been debunked (as far as I know). But I will say that Mr. Missanga, Mr. De Sousa, and Mr. Moreira have an edge over the others.

For all members, if you have any info debunking or further supporting any of these cases please give sources with links! Thank you!

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

How many true claims do you think there are for living men born in the 1900s decade? 
Also are there an similar number of female cases for the people you have listed? 

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@mrcatlord the only case that I would probably say is true for men born in the 1900s decade is João Da Missanga. I'd give him like a 70% Chance of being true. Santos Cruz Flores seems true, but the one problem is that he's suspiciously in too good of shape, being able to walk unaided at 113. There are other men and women who've achieved this feat, but it's very very rare. Elias Chavez Alvarez also has mid life and late life documentation. I don't know whether he has early life documentation, but his case seems somewhat plausible. 30% Chance on Santos Cruz Flores and Elias Chavez Alvarez. The others I'm skeptical of. As for women, I have not researched the women's claims as much but I am working on it. There is a Brazilian woman from 15 January 1907 who seems plausible, Kame Uema from 1909 seems plausible, and there are a few other women from the 1900s who I'm currently researching that seem plausible. I am however skeptical of Alexandra Dolghier of Moldova who claims birth of 14 March 1909.

ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk It may not be a thread to ask, but since you mention it

Just as there are clearly plausible cases that 1909 is still a "young" year

Are there still cases from 1908, or even from 1907? I believe that there may still be cases from those years that we are unaware of, considering that Francisca Celsa dos Santos and Antonia Da Santa Cruz were validated after 115 years and 8 months.

I even think there may still be a plausible case from 1906.

How plausible is the case of the Brazilian supercentenarian born in January 1907? That would imply that María Branyas Morera would not be the WOP.

Kane Tanaka (1903-2022) my favorite supercentenarian of all time.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@adancho I agree with you 100%!

Here's a list of plausible cases from the 1900s in my opinion:

- Santos Cruz Flores, M, 113, 01 Nov. 1909

- Kame Uema, F, 113, 28 Aug. 1909
(Being Researched by professionals)

- Emilia Tejeda Tejeda, F, 114, 22 Apr. 1909

- Juan Jose Vera Villalva, M, 114, 20 Jan. 1909
(A member on the forum claims his ID card supports 1921, but has not linked a photo & source)

- Elias Chavez Alvarez, M, 114, 08 Nov. 1908

- Raimunda, F, 115, 16 Apr. 1908

- João Da Missanga, M, 115, 13 Mar. 1908

- Maria Rita Pereira, F, 116, 15 Jan. 1907

- Batuli Lamichhane, F, 120, 23 Mar. 1903
(Extremely high age, but she has a census record from 1903 and 1934 supporting her age. Newspaper clippings from the 1930s also support her age.)

Here's a list of cases of people who could've been born in the 1900s, but were discarded due to extreme age claims. This cases are obviously NOT the age claimed but could be 1909ers. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE BORN IN THE 1900S SO DONT PASS THESE CASES OFF AS FACT!

- Maria Kononovich, F, 119, 27 May, 1904
(I'd believe her if she said she was born in 1909, but that's stretching it)

- Davino Gomes Da Silva, M, 121, 31 Dec. 1901
(This man looks extremely old, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he was a 1909er, but probably not any earlier)

- Maria Gomes dos Reis, F, 123, 16 June, 1900
(She looks like an SC. I wouldn't be surprised if she was born in 1908 or 1909, but her claimed age of 123 is probably fake)

- Mercedes Chami Dogirama, F, 125, 13 March, 1898
(This woman's claimed age of 125 is pushing the limits of human longevity. Obviously she is NOT 125, but I wouldn't be shocked if her age was off by 10 years and she was really born in 1908. Oddly she would have the same birthday as João Da Missanga)

- Yekini Ogundare, M, 145, 24 March, 1878
(Ok, let's start off by saying this man is NOT 145 like he claims. Back when they interviewed him in 2020, he did look like an SC, and he might be one. I'd say it's possible he was born in 1908 instead of 1878 and is 115 instead of 145)

I think the odds that all these cases are true given the probability and statistics, but two or three in the lot above might be true, and one or two case from the extreme longevity claims might be an SC but certainly not the age claimed.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

Wow, I would be very surprised if the Batuli Lamichhane case was real.

That would imply that she would be the WOP immediately after Kane Tanaka and that there were 3 people over 118 living at the same time.

I see that there is not much chance (for now) that someone is older than Maria Branyas Morera, but I would not be surprised if the Brazilian born in January 1907 is validated in the future, anyway it is only almost 2 months apart.

And there are still several plausible cases from 1908 and 1909, especially men.

I hope that all of them can be validated if they have a high probability of being so.

This makes me think that we are still far from the end of the decade 1900-1909, we are just beginning.

As soon as that decade is over, it will be the end of the current era that began after the death of Lucile Randon.

ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

And what do you think of the declared age of José Flores Flores?

Like Santos Cruz Flores, I think José Flores Flores looks suspiciously good for his age.

In his 114th birthday photo he is standing unassisted and holding a stick, clearly I don't think it's real.

He says that his paternal grandmother supposedly lived to be 135 years old.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@adancho Jose Flores Flores is an interesting case. He does have a baptismal certificate that supports him being born in 1907 and a census record, but the problem with Jose is that there is a possibility his records may have gotten mixed up with his son's. Jose's oldest son was born in 1927/28 but there's no birth record/death record or proof that such a person exists. It's possible our 1907 records belong to Jose's father and the 1927/28 born man is actually Jose himself. However, this is my personal theory and there is nothing to back it up. If Jose can prove that he actually does have a son born in 1927/28 it would greatly support him being an SC. Apparently he also has a document exempting him from military service in the 1920s, a marriage certificate from the 1920s, and documents showing that he participated in the Costa Rican Civil War in 1948. But SUSPICIOUSLY his family is refusing to submit these documents, so we have yet to see proof that these records actually exist. If these documents are true, I think his odds of actually being 116 would go up to like 99%. Right now I'd say his odds are like 20% or less. 116 is a very advanced age for a male but it is still within the realm of possibility. As for him being in really good shape, that is also suspicious I agree with you. But I will say he's done hard physical work his whole life, longevity runs in his family, he comes from a place with the cleanest air in the world, he's eaten all natural food with very little meat, and he lives in a good climate. All these factors provide a great recipe for an SC. I really hope his family decides to one day submit these records if they do actually exist, but until then I'm skeptical. It's possible he's actually 116, but his odds of being the age claimed are getting smaller each year. It's in his family's hands now, as to whether they actually want to submit his records.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk Emilia Tejeda Tejeda died a couple months ago but it says here she was born in 1908 on a completely different date

https://the110club.com/viewtopic.php?p=40167394#p40167394

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Elias Chavez Alvarez confirmed alive by his nursing home today on 04 September 2023. Here are some new pictures of him which were taken for a celebration of the elderly on 28 August 2023

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: