Clear all

Eusebio Quintero López (COL, 1910-2023)

17 Posts
10 Users
28 Likes
(@coyote77)
Fan
Topic starter  

Mr. Eusebio Quintero López was born in the town of Vijes, Valle del Cauca, Colombia, on 6 March 1910 (but he and his family claim 15 March). He currently lives in the same town and has never moved anywhere else. He currently lives with his daughter, Enith Quintero Barco, who was born in 1943. His oldest daughter, Oliva, is still alive aged 87 and lives in the city of Tuluá, Valle del Cauca. 

Mr. Eusebio is currently the oldest verified man ever from Colombian, as well as the second oldest known living person, after Sofía Rojas. 

Record_116, ArthurBrazil, Dejan and 2 people reacted
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Photo from his 112th birthday in March:

These ones are undated, but they all seem to be relatively recent:

Source

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

Record_116, Ale76 and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

On October 12 2022 Mr. Eusebio Quintero Lopez reached 112-220 which took him past the age of Delio Venturotti and into the top 30 oldest men recorded (According to Wikipedia because I can't find another public source). Today he has reached 112-230 which makes him in a 2nd way tie with Richard Overton for 28th place. 

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

Dejan and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

New photos (and a video) from yesterday:

Video

ChrisR, Dejan and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

He surpassed the age of the former WOLM Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia days ago. Such an underrated supercentenarian he and Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia is.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

He is very underrated as he closes in on his 113th birthday. 

This may well be due to the age and resulting publicity that Mr Mora naturally receives, as the WOM. 

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

I would presume that if he is still capable of standing with assistance, then he would also be capable of walking with assistance, right? (Even if he would prefer to use a wheelchair.)

He still seems in good health. 🙂 I look forward to his 113th birthday soon! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @futurist

I would presume that if he is still capable of standing with assistance, then he would also be capable of walking with assistance, right? (Even if he would prefer to use a wheelchair.)

He still seems in good health. 🙂 I look forward to his 113th birthday soon! 🙂

In his case, he still walked around his house with the aid of a walker as of August 2022. This photo was taken sometime after his 112th birthday, probably in mid 2022:

I haven't seen any new photos of him since the October 2022 video, but he was said to still be "doing well" as of a few weeks ago. 

However, just because someone can stand with assistance doesn't necessarily mean that they're capable of walking. For example, I doubt that Goldie Steinberg could really walk at this point aged 114, since she's just a step or two away from her wheelchair:

Lawrence Brooks also stood up on his 112th birthday, even though he was too weak to walk at this point:

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wellabove110)
Fan

Is there any confirmation about his 113th birthday?

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @wellabove110

Is there any confirmation about his 113th birthday?

Not yet, since his claimed birthday is on March 15th. A relative was contacted, so hopefully she'll respond at some point soon. 

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wellabove110)
Fan

Thanks @Mendocino

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Yesterday Eusebio Quintero López became one of the top 20 oldest validated man of all time (excluding Mathew Beard), at the age of 113 years and 42 days.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego, ChrisR and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

As many will know, there are 3 deceased male supercentenarians with ages between 113-40 and 113-50.

As a result of this, since the last post above, Mr Lopez has also exceeded the lifespans of Francisca Olivera (113-47) and Walter Richardson (113-48), albeit both reached the same age of 41,320 days

diego and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I just saw on the gerontology fandom site that Mr. Eusebio Quintero López's status was changed to "pending". My apologies, if I am wrong on this but wasn't he already validated?

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

He is already validated, it's just that a certain editor on there doesn't accept LQ validations, and uses the wiki purely to push his own narrative. Strangely enough, the cases that get demoted to "pending" end up validated by the GRG shortly afterwards.

Ale76, Mendocino, seto2001 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@ell , @aquanaut_chalk, ...

You can read every detail about Gerontology Wiki at the link below. Waclaw has wrote his commandments, wrote what other Gerontology Wiki editors must strictly adhere to. Gerontology Wiki is now only a GRG encyclopedia.

[Admin: edited out. Editing it back in =. Propaganda is not allowed here.]

Also, there is a separate explanation between verification and validation. These are two different concepts...

Edited2:
Since the admin has removed the link to the original source of the above claims, I've taken a few screenshots where you can read a lot of facts related to why the Gerontology Wiki is now just a GRG encyclopedia, all publicly written by Waclaw:

[Admin: removed.] 

my neutrality.

diego and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Topic updated and moved. RIP Mr. Quintero Lopez.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: