Mathew Beard (USA, 1886?-1985)

9 Posts
7 Users
13 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Hey guys while I was reading some articles on the 110club about Mrs. Antica Butariu, I found this quote talking about Mr. Mathew Beard

"Mathew Beard is probably older than claimed. Per the census record we've located, he was probably 118 years, 222 days old, rather than 114 years, 222 days old."

I could not find a source confirming this, and I do know that Mr. Beard's case is heavily disputed. I know he was verified to be 114 years, 222 days by the Kestenbaum study but I don't know if that's a reliable source, as I've never heard of it before so I can't say one way or the other. Personally I think it's worth looking into the census that this person claimed to have found. I tried finding it, but I couldn't find anything. I'll provide a link below to the EXACT page that I got the quote from.ย 

https://the110club.com/anitica-butariu-1882-1997-rom-t20448-s60.html

It's About halfway down the page. What do you guys think of this? Could this be proof to either debunk Mr. Beards case or make it stronger.

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

Hey guys while I was reading some articles on the 110club about Mrs. Antica Butariu, I found this quote talking about Mr. Mathew Beard

"Mathew Beard is probably older than claimed. Per the census record we've located, he was probably 118 years, 222 days old, rather than 114 years, 222 days old."

I could not find a source confirming this, and I do know that Mr. Beard's case is heavily disputed. I know he was verified to be 114 years, 222 days by the Kestenbaum study but I don't know if that's a reliable source, as I've never heard of it before so I can't say one way or the other. Personally I think it's worth looking into the census that this person claimed to have found. I tried finding it, but I couldn't find anything. I'll provide a link below to the EXACT page that I got the quote from.ย 

https://the110club.com/anitica-butariu-1882-1997-rom-t20448-s60.html

It's About halfway down the page. What do you guys think of this? Could this be proof to either debunk Mr. Beards case or make it stronger.

That post is seven years old and not reflective of my views at all anymore. More research has been conducted that indicates those census records indicating 1866 weren't for him.

ย 

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)
ใ€€

https://the110club.com/mathew-beard-status-reclassification-t29291.html

As already a lot of people know, his case has been debunked by LongeviQuest!. So according to my knowledge Christian Mortensen was the first validated man who reached the age of both 114 and 115, and Augusta Holtz was the first validated person who reached the age of 114 and 115. However the GRG still included Mathew Beard as the validated case.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: ้•ทๅฏฟ่€…็ ”็ฉถใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ  (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-robinson)
Supercentenarian Fan

@record_116 I wondered on what is going on with Mathew Beard and if his case is actually Disputed by the GRG or not.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Iโ€™m really not liking how there are now a lot of SCs that are validated differently by different organizations like Fannie Thomas and Maud Farris-Luse by LQ and even Maria Branyas by ESO. It really isnโ€™t doing much to preserve the integrity of the validation systems

Aquanaut and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@mrcatlord The reason for this is that new evidence is being discovered that sheds light on inaccurate validations. We can't have a supercentenarian listed as validated if their birth/christening record suggests them being a decade younger (Booysen for example). Most of these revalidations were actually submitted to the GRG more than seven years ago, they just didnโ€™t act on it.

MrCatlord, diego, ChrisR and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@930310 why is Maria Branyas Morera validated with a birthdate of 1 April by ESO and 4 March by GRG and LQ? I assume there was evidence supporting both dates?

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

@930310 why is Maria Branyas Morera validated with a birthdate of 1 April by ESO and 4 March by GRG and LQ? I assume there was evidence supporting both dates?

I explained why the ESO went with a birthday of 1 April here. GRG and LQ can explain why they went with 4 March - at the very least, she claims to have been born on 4 March and the more recent documents support it.

ย 

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Chris

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

Iโ€™m really not liking how there are now a lot of SCs that are validated differently by different organizations like Fannie Thomas and Maud Farris-Luse by LQ and even Maria Branyas by ESO. It really isnโ€™t doing much to preserve the integrity of the validation systems

Both LQ and ESO perform independent validations of supercentenarian cases. These organisations have identified documents that disprove or cast doubt on the GRG validated date of birth or death of many GRG validated cases. Most of these cases were validated by the GRG prior to 2012, when the documents identified by LQ or ESO may have been unavailable, or at least were much more difficult to obtain. But the problem is, the GRG also now have access to many of these records, but usually either ignore them or take many years to amend their records.

To be fair, in probably at least 95% of cases, these LQ and ESO revalidations have proved the GRG validations to be correct. Where revalidations have called the original validation into question, the majority of corrections are only a few days either way.

With the exception of Maria Branyas Morera, I don't think there are many inconsistencies between LQ and ESO validation dates.

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Chris

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

heatwave116, diego and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: