Notifications
Clear all

Teriiharetei Taaroa (FRA, 1873?-1888-1991)

4 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Mr. Teriiharetei Taaroa claimed to have been born in one of the French Isles, on 14 June, 1873. After some research, I found that he was actually born sometime during the year 1888 and died on 2 January, 1991. You can check his records at the link below. But I think it's pretty safe to say that this case is closed, and Mr. Taaroa was between 102 years & 2 days, and 103 years & 1 day when he died, and not 117 like he claimed. Case debunked.ย 

https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/LY71-G3D/teriihaeretei-taaroa-1888-1991

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego and ChrisR reacted
(@930310)
Gerontology student

To be fair, none of the documents (rather citations) are from his earlier days, so thereโ€™s not anything there, other than the relative's entry, debunking the claim. Is 1888 likelier than 1873? Very much so.

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@930310 Agreed 100%. In my opinion I'll have to stay standing that the only 2 men possibly older than Anisio Alves are Jintaro Tanaka and Shigechiyo Izumi, both of which are extremely weak cases. Just goes to show how rare it is reaching these ages.

ย 

Edit: It does however prove that if Mr. Taaroa was born in 1873, his mother would have been 10 years old, and his father 13. Therefore disproving his claim even further.

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

ReplyQuote
(@guillaume)
Fan

Cyril Depoudent told me that many years ago, he saw a document (possibly his marriage certificate) where the birth year of Taaroa was estimated and disproved his potential SC status. Unfortunately, he didn't think to record it. 1888 has chances to be this estimated year.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: