Clear all

Suggestion about donation

10 Posts
5 Users
7 Reactions
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

I have a good idea. for people who can't use the cryptocurrency system, use paypal to send donations to someone person who @admin personally trust (eg a moderator) using paypal, and that person will send the donation to the admin.

Give the donation to the moderator using paypal, and the moderator will give that donation to the admin. Isn't that a good idea? This is not for only me, but useful for all members who find it difficult to use cryptocurrencies.

Note: I haven't agreed to some of the policies of this forum site lately and I'm less interested, so I have no plans to donate at this time. However, my mind will change depending on the future situation.

(As donation topic was closed, so I created a newly topic.)

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Hi Record_116,

Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, donations are not necessary --> all addons have been paid for until Apr. 1, 2023. By that time, we can think of your suggestion.

Question, though: aren't fees going to cut down on the amount of money being transferred?

And donation is voluntary. You don't need to apologise for not donating / having donated. 🙂

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  
Posted by: @admin

At the moment, donations are not necessary --> all addons have been paid for until Apr. 1, 2023.

Ah, I understand.

I think donations may be needed again in the future (most probably after April 2023). I hope you will consider my suggestion at that time!

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Posted by: @admin

Hi Record_116, 

Question, though: aren't fees going to cut down on the amount of money being transferred? 

In comparison to the cryptocurrency option, PayPal would actually be cheaper. Coinbase charge transaction fees when converting between currencies. PayPal do not charge fees if donating with funds already held in your PayPal account. They only charge if you choose to pay by credit or debit card, and their credit/debit card fees are similar to the standard Coinbase transaction fees.

In my opinion, allowing paypal donations would almost certainly increase the amount of funds raised. PayPal is a very user friendly and widely used method of payment and many people are reluctant to get involved in cryptocurrency.

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

Ell, Admin and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@chris Thanks for that post; this'll make considering PayPal much more worthwhile in the future. 🙂 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi everyone

i note the site is only about 4 months old.

At personal level I’ve not had the time to look around all of the site features yet as I only joined yesterday.

Given that it is new, are there any additional feature that the team are looking to add, which may cost money?

If so, please let know and I’ll be happy to assist if possible.

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Welcome to the forum, @chrisr! Enjoy your time here.

As for expenses... all expenses have been covered up until and including February 2023. We're currently using 5 add-ons that are valid until April 2023, although I think I won't extend one of those. However, the PM system, Polls, Embeds, and Advanced Attachments are definitely add-ons that I think are of value to this forum.

Once April 2023 is there and this forum is still doing well, you may wish to donate a bit by then. Thank you very much for your kind offer. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the forum, dear Chris!

I am very happy to see you here!

Enjoy your time here 🤗 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Ale and many thanks for your kind words.

It's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to being part of it going forward.

cheers

Chris

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thank you for the update Admin.

I’ll be happy to assist then or earlier if anything changes for the Forum.

ReplyQuote
Share: