Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions: Block PM from specific users ("add a foe" system)

4 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

...The current order of this forum site is can send PMs (PM = private message) from anyone to anyone. However, for those who have already left from the forum, or those who are suffering from stalking or harassment-like act by certain users, I think we need a feature to block PM from certain user(s).

Or is it possible to set not to allow use PM-system to me by all other users? PM should be unpleasant for some people (for example, in The 110 Club, some members are set as not allow receive a PM by others).

Born 1999. Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)
Please forget about what I wrote in the private / trusted members only area of this forum. My mind has changed. (26 May 2022)

Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Hi Record_116,

You seem to imply you've received some unpleasant PMs from (an)other member(s). Please feel free to send screenshots to me; if it turns out forum rules have not been respected, we'll take appropriate measures.

As for your suggestions, I'll look into them. Not sure what's possible and what's not.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  
Posted by: @admin

Hi Record_116,

You seem to imply you've received some unpleasant PMs from (an)other member(s). Please feel free to send screenshots to me; if it turns out forum rules have not been respected, we'll take appropriate measures.

As for your suggestions, I'll look into them. Not sure what's possible and what's not.

No, I haven't received a bad message yet. Sorry for the misunderstanding. This is just a one of suggestion for the community.

I feel sometimes scared of a specific member (not shown a name, but a famous person), so if this suggestion approve, can prevent a thing that "I feel scare" from happening in the future. Also, if a member like Japanese Troll Shoichiro Morita (who stalked me for 3 years) appears in the future, this feature will protect me. Thank you for your consideration.

Born 1999. Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)
Please forget about what I wrote in the private / trusted members only area of this forum. My mind has changed. (26 May 2022)

ReZet and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  
Posted by: @record_116
Posted by: @admin

scared of a specific member (not shown a name,

I think I don't "scared" him anymore. So, again I'm apologize for having unnecessary negative and biased feelings towards him.

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: