3 Users
4 Likes
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Dear all,

A polite request:

1. Could you please check that for a death or birthday report you have put the report in the correct year (and not in the overall section)?

2. Could you please add a 3-letter nationality for the SC in the topic title?

Many thanks.

Record_116
(@record_116)

Posted by: @admin

2. Could you please add a 3-letter nationality for the SC in the topic title?

I disagree with it... In case of Janan, I think better to say simply "Japan" rather than JPN or JAP. Just my opinion, however.
In the case of the United Kingdom, what happens if you abbreviate it with three letters? It is troublesome to check each time. Usually, many people don't remember the three-letter abbreviation and always need to look it up on Google.
Such things are not adopted by The 110 Club, and the time to look up the correct three-letter abbreviation using Google every time is tedious.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Hi, Record_116.

Please note this is a request, not an obligation. If you can't or don't want to, then you don't have to.

As for the UK and New Zealand... I believe they only have 2-letter abbreviations (UK and NZ), so obviously for those countries you can use those shorter abbreviations.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

New Zealand is sometimes abbreviated to NZL, for example at the Olympic Games, the America's cup yachting and numerous other forums.

So that would be the best way forward if the preference was to target 3 letters, wherever possible.

Admin, Record_116 and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the explanation, ChrisR. That only leaves the UK with a 2-letter abbreviation.

ReplyQuote
Share: