Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

The date of death is most likely 16 April 2011 (Funeral held on April)

Only one report says that he was born in 1902, and other reports say that he was born in 1901, also his monument in the cemetery says that he was born in 1901.

Do we have a birth record and/or a baptismal record for him? What does it say about it birth year?

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@futurist Probably there is, however no one has investigated his case, his documents such as his identity card and tombstone confirm his birth year as 1901. Might be worth checking his case since it's a national record, but it's under 110 so I haven't tried anything yet. His family certainly has an identity card, a birth and marriage certificate, but not the original birth record because he was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Latinović only lived in Belgrade for the last 25 years, so documents from his early life are not available on the Digital Archive of Belgrade because he lived in Belgrade since 1995...

Digital Archive of Belgrade has been functioning since recently and includes civil registrations before 1952.../ https://digitalni.arhiv-beograda.org/login.php

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Sadly, Djurdja Stojković is false and inflated claim, and is not the oldest known living person in Serbia as she was most likely born on 20 October 1922 (NOT 1908 or 1913 as previously claimed by her son). Her identity card and many other documents confirm that she was born in 1922 and her first registered child was a son born on 22 June 1945,(perhaps her daughter is the oldest child and was born probably in December 1939, NOT 1929, as her son Miroslav very slyly claimed in order to convince that she was born in 1908), and the last child is also a son born in 1969. Later, her son Miroslav (62) admitted to me that Djurdja was born in 1922 and that at the suggestion of certain journalists he lied that she was born in 1908, later in 1913 in order to attract as much attention as possible from the media and humanitarian organizations, and to draw public attention to the conditions in which the family currently lives Stojković.

Below is a photo sent to me by her son Miroslav Stojković, who admits that he received personal benefits in the amount of several thousand euros from humanitarian organizations or individuals who paid money into his account...

Therefore, the case was magnified for the reason that it would attract as much attention as possible from the media and humanitarian organizations, and therefore the humanitarian aid would be much greater...

Gabriel_PT and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

New updates on Djurdja Stojković, the last false or exaggerated claim from Serbia.

Humanitarian aid continues:

New video: (9 June 2023):

Newspaper reports:

https://www.blic.rs/vesti/drustvo/ne-mogu-da-zivim-ne-mogu-da-umrem-baka-djurda-iz-srbije-najstarija-je-zena-na-balkanu/642sm88 "I CAN'T LIVE, I CAN'T DIE" Grandma Đurđa from Serbia is the oldest woman in the Balkans, she has 11 children and 120 descendants.

https://www.prva.rs/zivot/zivotne-price/baka-durda-ima-115-godina-rodila-je-11-dece-i-najstarija-je-zena-na-balkanu-video-2348014 Grandmother Đurđa is 115 years old, she gave birth to 11 children and is the oldest woman in the Balkans! (VIDEO)

Grandma Đurđa needs food, hygiene products, wardrobe, as well as money for a more dignified life.

Anyone who is able can contact Đurđa's son Miroslav Stojković at 0640430143 ---> stated is in newspaper articles.

....…..............................................................

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

It's incredibly tragic that a person has to exaggerate their age just to be able to survive.

diego and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

a very sad situation for a living centenarian lady 😔 ....

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

the last false or exaggerated claim from Serbia.

???

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @024tomi

???

Yes, I confidently claim that she is the last known living person in Serbia and that an exaggerated or false claim will never appear in Serbia in the future, taking into account that birth registration has been greatly standardized in the last few decades.

All people who were born after the Balkan wars belong to the group of verifiable cases. Until now, all historical claims from Serbia are verified and the results showed that only two were credible, and taking into account that there are no supercentenarians who were born and died in Serbia, but both were born outside the borders of Serbia, only Veronika Žilinski was born on the territory of present-day Serbia but died in Hungary, so there are no people from Serbia who were born and died within the borders of Serbia, the oldest documented such person was Kostantka Momirović (1900-2009), aged 109 years, 122 days.

(The second oldest person ever born on the territory of Serbia (behind Veronika) is Bedriska Adamickova, who lives in the Czech Republic and should be turn 110 in October 2023)

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Yes, I confidently claim that she is the last known living person in Serbia

You might want to rephrase that.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@930310 These are the facts and you will see in just the next ten years that there will be no false claims from Serbia, it is simply not possible, the birth registration system is at a high level and there is no chance.

Even Djurdja's remark would not be considered a false claim, considering that it was only her son's claim due to media attention and the attraction of humanitarian aid.

There is a possibility that a woman born in 1909 who is listed as the oldest Serbian pensioner appears, however it could be Safete Ibrahimović (10 May 1909) who lives in Switzerland and whose 114th birthday has been confirmed.

The fact is that she has a son who is not more than 60 years old, that her year of birth was increased due to a pension during Yugoslavia before going to Switzerland, but her case was not investigated because the full place of birth is unknown.

Photo at the claimed age of 108, May 2018:

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

???

Yes, I confidently claim that she is the last known living person in Serbia and that an exaggerated or false claim will never appear in Serbia in the future, taking into account that birth registration has been greatly standardized in the last few decades.

All people who were born after the Balkan wars belong to the group of verifiable cases. Until now, all historical claims from Serbia are verified and the results showed that only two were credible, and taking into account that there are no supercentenarians who were born and died in Serbia, but both were born outside the borders of Serbia, only Veronika Žilinski was born on the territory of present-day Serbia but died in Hungary, so there are no people from Serbia who were born and died within the borders of Serbia, the oldest documented such person was Kostantka Momirović (1900-2009), aged 109 years, 122 days.

(The second oldest person ever born on the territory of Serbia (behind Veronika) is Bedriska Adamickova, who lives in the Czech Republic and should be turn 110 in October 2023)

The existence of birth registration doesn't prevent people from accidentally inflating their age, or deliberately exaggerating it to get an early pension. You've even said yourself that you've exaggerated your age in documents in order to retire a few years early, so the motive for this still clearly exists even in younger generations. While birth records definitely make it easier for people to keep track of their ages, not everyone will even believe what their birth record says - you often see alleged SCs claiming that their birth record supports a later birthdate because they were "registered late", even though it doesn't make sense. 

Birth registration can increase the possibility of accidental sibling swaps, so it certainly won't lead to every age claim being true. The standardization of birth registration in Serbia will mainly make it easier to prove or disprove claims, but could also somewhat improve the reliability of claims. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@mendocino Yes, but people who were born in the 1920s, 1930s or 1960s were entered in the birth register a few weeks later, not 50 years later as was the case in many historical cases. As for early retirement, only talented people can do it, and there are very few of them nowadays. I'm not saying that there will never be an exaggerated claim, but it will be much less than before, maybe one case in 50 years. By the end of the 21st century, one or two false claims may occur in Serbia in the 2060s. When we talk about the cases from Serbia, there are still several tens of people who were born before 1920, so in the next decade there will be evidence of people who were born in the decade of the 1920s, of which one exaggerated case or none may appear, time will tell, no I can say for sure, but.I am sure that this number must be much lower than in the decade of the 1890s on a global level, not only in Serbia (I'm talking about the exaggerated claims of people who claimed to be born in the decade of the 1890s and people who will claim to have been born in the decade of the 1920s)...

diego and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Recent newspaper reports about the Doyenne and Doyen of Serbia:

1. Milka Bauković (5 February 1915)
  2. Živan Popović (30 January 1917)

https://www.novosti.rs/drustvo/vesti/1316408/evo-najstarija-osoba-srbiji-milka-baukovic-rodjena-austrougarskoj-zivi-beogradu-pragu-109-ide-bez-naocara-foto

EVO KO JE NAJSTARIJA OSOBA U SRBIJI: Milka Bauković, rođena u Austrougarskoj, živi u Beogradu - Na pragu 109. ide bez naočara (FOTO)

V.C.S.

26. 12. 2023. u 07:30

NAJSTARIJA žena u Srbiji, koja to može da dokaže i ličnim dokumentima, jeste Milka Bauković iz Beograda.

ЕВО КО ЈЕ НАЈСТАРИЈА ОСОБА У СРБИЈИ: Милка Бауковић, рођена у Аустроугарској, живи у Београду - На прагу 109. иде без наочара (ФОТО)
FOTO: Privatna arhiva

Ova "okučanska šeširdžijka", kako je zemljaci zovu, rođena je 5. februara 1915. godine, usred Prvog svetskog rata, u mestu Papići, kod Siska, u tadašnjoj Austrougarskoj.

Gospođa Milka je, prema evidenciji internacionalne organizacije Međunarodna istraživačka grupa, kao i prema portalu Gerontolodži Viki, ne samo najstarija žena u našoj zemlji, već i generalno najstarija osoba u Srbiji.

Rođena je u porodici Ercegovac. Otac joj je bio Mile Ercegovac, a majka Inđija. Imala je jednog brata, Branka, koji je bio pet godina mlađi, a preminuo je 27. avgusta 1991.

Milka se u osvit Drugog svetskog rata, 1940. godine, udala za Dušana Baukovića, šeširdžiju iz Okučana, od kog će posle naslediti zanat. Venčali su se u crkvi u Jasenovcu. Dušan je poginuo poslednjeg dana Drugog svetskog rata, 8. maja 1945. godine, ali njegov grob nije pronađen.

Milka je sa Dušanom imala dvoje dece - sina Nebojšu, rođenog na Vidovdan ratne 1941. godine, a preminulog od srčanog udara 21. avgusta 1987, i kćerku Dušanku, udatu Božić, rođenu 8. avgusta 1945. Dušanka je rođena tri meseca posle smrti oca, kog neće imati prilike da upozna.

Posle smrti supruga, Milka je nastavila da se bavi šeširdžijskim zanatom sve do penzionisanja, 35 godina kasnije.

Godine 1983. udala se ponovo, za Savu Radivojevića. Venčali su se u Beogradu, gde su se i preselili 1990. godine.

На венчању 1940.Foto: FOTO: Privatna arhiva

Milkin život bio je obeležen brojnim gubicima i tugom. Osim što je nadživela oba muža i sina, Milka je nadživela i njegovog sina, odnosno svog unuka Dušana, rođenog u Gradišci, 8. jula 1966. Dušan je tragično nastradao kao pripadnik Vojske Republike Srpske, 26. juna 1992. godine, a njegova majka Biljana preminula je od neprežaljene tuge, 2001. godine.

Milkin drugi suprug Savo Radivojević preminuo je u Beogradu, 24. marta 2003. godine, u 90-oj godini života.

Uprkos svim tim tragedijama, Milka je ostala vitalna, slaveći život i pamteći mrtve. U februaru 2015. godine "upisala se" na listu stogodišnjaka, a prošlog leta, u julu, posle smrti stodesetogodišnjakinje Tamare Krutikov, potomka belogardejaca koji su prebegli posle Oktobarske revolucije u Srbiju, Milka postaje najstarija Beograđanka i zvanično najstarija osoba u Srbiji.

Uprkos godinama, ona i dalje ide bez naočara, redovno koristi svoje biračko pravo i živi sa kćerkom Dušankom. Kako je potvrdila medijima prošle godine, nikada u životu nije propustila nijedne izbore.

Translation into English:

HERE IS THE OLDEST PERSON IN SERBIA: Milka Bauković, born in Austria-Hungary, lives in Belgrade - At the threshold of 109, she goes without glasses (PHOTO)

V.C.S.

26 December 2023 at 7:30 a.m

The OLDEST woman in Serbia, who can prove it with personal documents, is Milka Bauković from Belgrade.

ЕВО КО ЈЕ НАЈСТАРИЈА ОСОБА У СРБИЈИ: Милка Бауковић, рођена у Аустроугарској, живи у Београду - На прагу 109. иде без наочара (ФОТО)
FOTO: Privatna arhiva

This "Okučan hatter", as her countrymen call her, was born on February 5, 1915, in the middle of the First World War, in the town of Papići, near Sisak, in what was then Austria-Hungary.

Mrs. Milka, according to the records of the international organization Gerontology Research Group, as well as according to the Gerontology Wiki portal, is not only the oldest woman in our country, but also the oldest person in Serbia in general.

She was born in a family Ercegovac. Her father was Mile Ercegovac, and her mother was Inđija. She had one brother, Branko, who was five years younger and died on 27 August 1991.

At the dawn of the Second World War, in 1940, Milka married Dušan Bauković, a hatter from Okučani, from whom she would later inherit the trade. They got married in the church in Jasenovac. Dusan died on the last day of the Second World War, 8 May 1945, but his grave has not been found.

Milka and Dušan had two children - a son, Nebojša, born on Vidovdan in 1941, who died of a heart attack on 21 August 1987, and a daughter, Dušanka, married Božić, born on 8 August 1945. Dušanka was born three months after her father's death , whom he will not have the opportunity to meet.

After the death of her husband, Milka continued to practice hat making until her retirement, 35 years later.

In 1983, she married again, to Sava Radivojević. They got married in Belgrade, where they moved in 1990.

At a wedding in 1940. PHOTO: Private archive

Milka's life was marked by numerous losses and sorrow. In addition to outliving both her husband and son, Milka also outlived his son, i.e. her grandson Dušan, born in Gradiška on 8 July 1966. Dušan tragically died as a member of the Republika Srpska Army on 26 June 1992, and his mother Biljana passed away from unrepentant grief in 2001.

Milka's second husband, Savo Radivojević, died in Belgrade on 24 March 2003, at the age of 90.

Despite all these tragedies, Milka remained vital, celebrating life and remembering the dead. In February 2015, she "enrolled" in the list of centenarians, and last summer, in July, after the death of supercentenarian Tamara Krutikov, a descendant of the White Guards who fled to Serbia after the October Revolution, Milka became the oldest woman from Belgrade and officially the oldest person in Serbia.

Despite her age, she still goes without glasses, regularly exercises her right to vote and lives with her daughter Dušanka. As she confirmed to the media last year, she has never missed an election in her life.

https://www.blic.rs/slobodno-vreme/zivan-popovic-sa-zlatibora-najstarija-osoba-u-srbiji-ima-107-godina/676n6z2

SLUŽIO KRALJU, DRAŽI I TITU, A SAD ŽIVI SAM U PLANINI Živan Popović ima 107 godina i preko 30 potomaka

Druga najstarija poznata živa osoba u Srbiji, iza Milke Bauković, i ujedno treći najstariji poznati živi muškarac na Balkanu, iza Ilije Čočana i Josifa Rusa, jeste Živan Popović, rođen 30. januara 1917. godine u selu Latvica, opština Arilje, Zlatiborski okrug, gde i danas bivstvuje u svojoj staroj kući, sam.

Translation into English:

HE SERVED THE KING, DRAŽA AND TITO, AND NOW LIVES ALONE IN THE MOUNTAIN Živan Popović is 107 years old and has over 30 descendants

The second oldest known living person in Serbia, after Milka Bauković, and at the same time the third oldest known living man in the Balkans, after Ilie Ciocan and Iosif Rus, is Živan Popović, born on 30 January 1917 in the village of Latvica, municipality of Arilje, Zlatibor district, where he still lives in his old house, alone.

He became the oldest living man in Serbia after the death of 107-year-old Simo Ivošević on 22 October last year.

One of the three surviving children of the parents

Živan's mother, Persa, was born in the neighboring village, in the Luković family, and his father, Radič, was from Latvica. They had 11 children, eight of whom died. Živan is one of the three survivors. By the way, at the time of Živan's birth, Latvica belonged to the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.

He went to school for only three years, until he received his first beating from the teacher. After that, he didn't even want to cross the school threshold. Until he was twenty, he looked after cattle, and then he joined the king's army and stayed there.

He was both a Chetnik and a partisan

When the Second World War broke out, Živan was first mobilized into the Chetniks, where he spent a year and participated in five battles, including with the Ljotićevci, and then into the Partisans, where he also spent a year and once even found himself in front of a machine gun. , but he saved himself.

He even managed to escape from the military hospital, from the fascist camp in Skopje, thanks to a woman who forced his civilian suit through the wire. In that suit, he managed to pass the entire occupied Serbia and reach his village Latvica.

After the war, he devoted himself to agriculture, built a house in his native village and raised a family. He married twice, once in 1937 and the second time in 1951. His first wife died in 1950. He had five children with her. The second wife passed away in 2004. He also had two daughters with her. He also had one adopted girl, as he calls his stepdaughter.

Today there are more than 30 descendants

He became known to the general public because, at 102 years old, he was the oldest active hunter in Serbia, but also in the whole of Europe.

It annoys him that he has to use a cane

His recipe for longevity, as he says himself, is to be moderate in everything, reconciled with God, to "have God in his soul", to read the Holy Scriptures and burn incense on Sundays, to be honest, to stick to good people and run away from evil ones . As he says, hatred is death for the organism, and longevity is brought by love and faith.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Zivan Popovic, the oldest known living man in Serbia, sadly died on 12 January 2024 at 10:10 am at the age of 106 years, 347 days, just 18 days before his 107th birthday. He was born in the village of Latvica, municipality of Arilje, Zlatibor District, Serbia, where he spent his entire life.

Source: https://www.telegraf.rs/vesti/srbija/3817415-umro-najstariji-srbin-deka-zivan-nas-napustio-u-107-godini-ziveo-sam-a-imao-vise-od-40-potomaka

https://www.kurir.rs/amp/4337204/preminuo-najstariji-srbin-deka-zivan-nas-napustio-u-107-godini-iza-sebe-ostavio-vise-od-40-potomaka

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Rank Name Sex Birth  date  Age on 26.08.2022.Residence
1Djurdja Stojković  F20 Oct 1913108 years, 310 daysMountain village of Radovnica near Trgoviste
   2Milka Bauković  F5 Feb 1915107 years, 202 daysBelgrade (Born in Croatia)
   3Zivan Popović  M30 Jan 1917105 years, 208 daysMountain village of Latvica near Arilje
   4Stevana Vidanović  F5 Jun 1917105 years, 82 daysVeliko Selo, (Municipality of Pirot)
   5Danica Bulatović  F17 Aug 1917105 years, 9 days Leskovac (Born in Montenegro)

Everyone on the list has been confirmed alive in the last 30 days. Data on 30 August 2022.

She turned 109:

https://longeviquest.com/2024/02/milka-baukovic-serbias-oldest-person-turned-109/

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: