Vincent Dransfield (USA) - 109

8 Posts
5 Users
10 Likes
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  

Vincent Dransfield - of Little Falls, New Jersey, USA - turns 109 today. He was born in New Jersey on 28 March 1914, to parents William Delisio and Dorothy Dransfield. He has has been employed as a member of the Little Falls fire department for around 84 years, starting in 1939. He was the department's fire chief in the 1960s, and continues to volunteer at the same station today. He still lives fully independently, drives his car, and does his own errands every day, including grocery shopping.

Article

Video from January 2023:

On his 100th birthday in 2014:

Happy birthday!

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

stoa-oid and seto2001 reacted
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

One of the best-looking 109-year-olds ever. Let's hope he'll be around for many more birthdays! I think it hasn't been mentioned anywhere publicly, but his father and mother lived to be 89 and 97, respectively (Mendocino's research).

Happy birthday, Mr. Dransfield!

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

stoa-oid and Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @024tomi

One of the best-looking 109-year-olds ever. Let's hope he'll be around for many more birthdays! I think it hasn't been mentioned anywhere publicly, but his father and mother lived to be 89 and 97, respectively (Mendocino's research).

Happy birthday, Mr. Dransfield!

It's really astonishing to me that we still have a person alive today who was born before the start of WW1 and happens to be this remarkably strong and healthy. 

stoa-oid and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Happy 109th birthday, Mr. Dransfield! Congratulations!! 

Amazing shape 😍 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

Congratulations!

Mr. Dransfield isn´t gaunt. This seems to be an advantage. 

In German we say: Er hat genug Speck auf den Rippen. I don´t know the equivalent in English. Marco, how should one say. I think you are an English teacher, aren´t you.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

In terms of drivers, I seem to recall Moses Hardy was still driving at 106, but I don’t know of anyone driving at 109.

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @chrisr

In terms of drivers, I seem to recall Moses Hardy was still driving at 106, but I don’t know of anyone driving at 109.

Philip Sharp drove at 109, while Richard Overton and Pauline Angleman were actually still driving as supercentenarians.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thanks for that Mendocino.

So he’s probably only about 4th on the driving list at this stage.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: