Notifications
Clear all

Forum Issues

53 Posts
15 Users
35 Likes
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

How do I embed images in my posts? Like a photograph of a supercentenarian. I've just been attaching images as files but that doesn't embed.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

How do I embed images in my posts? Like a photograph of a supercentenarian. I've just been attaching images as files but that doesn't embed.

That's another addon that would cost extra money. For now, the easiest way is to copy and paste the image either from the original website, or, if it's in your own file database, to copy and paste the image from there / from Microsoft Word.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

@admin How much does it cost? Would the add-on be permanent?

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @ale76

"Unread posts" function doesn't work for me...it shows me a lots of posts already read. Two days ago it worked well. Not now... 😥 

This function doesn't work well. Sometimes I have to click the button " Mark all read" to clear all.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @jef

11 dollars per year: see here.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

This function doesn't work well. Sometimes I have to click the button " Mark all read" to clear all.

This has to do with changes to posts - edits - or with you having seen posts while not being logged in (so as a logged out viewer).

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @admin

This has to do with changes to posts - edits - or with you having seen posts while not being logged in (so as a logged out viewer).

No new posts but maybe someone changed something in old posts?

No posts seen while not logged (here I am sure).

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

Posted by: @jef

11 dollars per year: see here.

I wouldn't mind paying the $11, getting to embed images is really useful and convenient.

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  
those above 2 threads should move "Top 100" sub-forum ( https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/top100deceasedscs/ ). 🙂

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@record_116 Thanks, moved. I've renamed the subforum "115+" as the top 100 will continually change.

Josia9353 and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Onehundredth
(@the-onehundredth)
My "socials" were created for this forum only.

I'm not sure how much this problem bothers you, but I think it's important to mention:

When someone adds a reaction to a post that already has at least three reactions, the older reactions won't be visible, making it unavailable to follow back all the users who have reacted to the given post.

I'm not very familiar with WordPress, but I think it's unchangeable, so I will just leave it there.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by The Onehundredth

Record_116, Ell and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @the-onehundredth

When someone adds a reaction to a post that already has at least three reactions, the older reactions won't be visible, making it unavailable to follow back all the users who have reacted to the given post.

Do you mean when you quote someone? That's actually a good thing, as this won't make scrolling too much of an effort.

In addition, the forum rules (#8, click!) explicitly state to only quote relevant information. 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@admin I think they are referring to the fact that when more than four users have "liked" a post you can only see the latest three that have done so. For example, if I like a post first, then Ale, Chris and Marco, only Ale, Chris and Marco will be shown as liking a post and I will be the "and X more likes this post."

Josia9353, Ollie, Amck and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Ah! I believe that's another function brought by WP Foro that can't be altered.

However, in our own member profiles we can still see how many likes we have received, and how many we've given to others.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

An issue that I noticed in the thread about Mrs. Erna Zahn was that only half of the embedded Facebook-post was displayed in the thread. I don't know whether this is an issue on my end or on the forum?

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@930310 Noted, don't have a clue yet. However, as you can still click the Facebook icon (which leads you to the original FB-post), I still feel the most important part of the link is embedded.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

"Unread posts" function doesn't work for me...it shows me a lots of posts already read. Two days ago it worked well. Not now... 😥 

As of today there are still some problems with unread posts. 8 hours ago I had no unread posts. Now there are these 3 unread posts:

Unread Posts

Topic TitleForum
 Top 10 OLP in Spain new

By Ale76 4 months ago  |  last post: 1 week ago

Iberian Peninsula

Top 10 OLP in the USA new

By Ale76 4 months ago  |  last post: 2 weeks ago

USA

Prima Brentel (ITA, 1913-2022) new

By Ale76 2 weeks ago  |  last post: 2 weeks ago

But I don't think there have been changes in these 3 posts, especially for Ms. Brentel's post.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Interesting, Ale. I don't recognise this issue at all. Is there anyone else experiencing this problem?

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

3. I haven't been able to find anything on why a new avatar doesn't immediately work, unfortunately...

I changed my avatar image 4 days+ ago in each community sites but still appears an old image here. But I believe this problem will eventually solved.

P.S. In my smartphone an avatar is updated! Also seemed in my PC so problem is now solved. 🙂

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Yes, for some reason WP Foro is slow in updating avatars... but eventually it happens.

ReplyQuote
(@viitos)
Fan

Hi everyone. I don't know why but every time that I try to enter in the forum via smartphone (most of the time) it happens that the page keeps reloading continuously not allowing me to login with my account, select topics...that's why I'm not that active. Obviously this problem happens only on smartphone, no problem with PC. Thanks anyone who can help me.

thank anyone who can help me
it happens to me that the page keeps reloading indefinitely not allowing me to log in with my account.
This post was modified 2 years ago by Viitos

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @viitos

Hi everyone. I don't know why but every time that I try to enter in the forum via smartphone (most of the time) it happens that the page keeps reloading continuously not allowing me to login with my account, select topics...that's why I'm not that active. Obviously this problem happens only on smartphone, no problem with PC. Thanks anyone who can help me.

Which browser do you make use of? Might that be the issue?

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

As of today there are still some problems with unread posts. 8 hours ago I had no unread posts. Now there are these 3 unread posts.. But I don't think there have been changes in these 3 posts.....

This problem still exists...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: