471 Posts
33 Users
511 Likes
23.3 K Views
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recent validation, accepted on 5 November 2022:

Hide Hamabe, JPN, 3 Dec 1908 - Present, 113 years.

Source.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Record_116 and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Today marks 1.5 month passed since the last validation (Hide Hamabe). I guess GRG-related people are busy setting up a new organization "LongeviQuest", so validation speed are slowing down.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@record_116 There are no more known living candidates from 1908, now it's the turn of the year 1909, I assume in the first quarter of 2023 when the validation of cases born in 1909 will start, because as far as I can see GRG has done its job regarding the candidates from 1908...

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@dejan remember when deceased cases were validated? There are a lot of cases that can be validated, so I would not say that the job has been done.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@930310 I barely remember, maybe it was earlier, I know that only one person was validated two days after death. It is true that there are many more cases that have recently died and are still not validated even though they are documented. Since I understood the essence, GRG is a scientific research organization and not someone who wants to satisfy fans, when I was told that, I understood and understood everything. People who died at the age of 110 or 112 will never be confirmed by GRG.

I strongly doubt that there will be validation after death, maybe but those numbers will be minimal, no matter what happens, we'll see...

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@dejan in order for a scientific organisation to conduct valid research with a high reliability it has to have a decently complete set of data. 

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@930310 They believe that they have enough confirmed cases because the GRG has been operating since the 1990s and they have collected a sufficient number of cases so far. But I don't know what the plan is for the future, but as far as I can see, it's not good. As I said, whatever it be, let it be, we have no influence on it, so there is no need for further discussion when none of us are in a position to change anything about it...

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Maria Osswald (GER) (b. 25 September 1901-29 March 2012), 110 yrs, 186 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 11 April 2015.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Record_116, diego, Dejan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Good to see a retroactive validation. 🙃 

Overduidelijk misschien.

Record_116 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Julianna Garbacz (POL) (b. 22 June 1900-18 July 2010), 110 yrs, 26 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 14 April 2015.

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Excellent! I wonder if this means we can now expect a Pending Cases Table update for April 15, 2015 (even though one validation slot has been skipped).

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Jo Makihara (JPN) (b. 26 January 1908-12 February 2020), 112 yrs, 17 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 9 April 2020.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Ada Cooper (USA) (b. 6 September 1902-4 May 2013), 110 yrs, 240 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 17 April 2015.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @marco

Excellent! I wonder if this means we can now expect a Pending Cases Table update for April 15, 2015 (even though one validation slot has been skipped).

the answer is no...

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Nina Willis validated!added to the WSRL.
https://grg.org/WSRL/TableE.aspx

9Nina WillisUSA (GA)USA (GA)1/14/1909114 yr, 15 daysFBRobert Young/Waclaw Jan Kroczek/Oliver Thorpe1/16/20231/14/2020Y

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Yes indeed, but it’s fairly old news now Record116 and there have been a good number of 113+ validations since.

That said Mrs Willis will be the oldest LQ validation to date.

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

9Nina WillisUSA (GA)USA (GA)1/14/1909114 yr, 15 daysFBRobert Young/Waclaw Jan Kroczek/Oliver Thorpe1/16/20231/14/2020Y

So for living supercentenarians, too, the GRG is still "up and running"? That's an interesting development.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@marco

unexpected development, at this point.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

Élise Tavan validated

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Congrats Mrs. Tavan!

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

@marco

unexpected development, at this point.

I notice there have been even more validations, not even posted about. Fascinating.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@marco it's a race apparently.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

🙄 (not aimed at you, that smiley, but at the thought of the GRG suddenly feeling threatened...)

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Fabri21
(@fabri21)
Fan

Someone unbearable is taking actions against the much-desired ethics and equality. And clearly, this person is desperate to do unfair actions against LQ (since LQ also supports ESO), we all know who this person is, he just came back from a long inactivity to create chaos between what's coming in way.

LAS administrator and member since 12 January 2020.
Global Supercentenarian Forum member since 1 March 2022.

Aquanaut and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@fabri21

despicable deeds, this person should be ashamed of his shadow..

Chris reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @marco

Posted by: @930310

🙄 (not aimed at you, that smiley, but at the thought of the GRG suddenly feeling threatened...)

I don't understand how he can think that validating a few 113 year olds that were already validated by other groups ages ago can make the GRG seem like a competent organization again. If anything, randomly deciding to drop the 113.75+ age requirement just to "compete" with LQ does nothing more than demonstrate that the extremely slow rate of validation over the past several years wasn't just the result of wanting to "focus on only the important cases," as has been claimed recently. 

It's like they don't realize that it was their own (lack of) activity that helped lead to the creation of these alternative research groups in the first place. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

930310 and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

That group lost its relevance through poor performance, incompetency, inflated egos and bullying of volunteer and fans.

So stealing the work of others is really just the next step down for some of those involved.

Disappointing but not surprising based on what we’ve come to expect.

Though you really do wonder how some people can look at themselves in the mirror each morning.

I suppose it could be stopped legally, but what’s the point?

930310 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@metajore)
Supercentenarian Fan

@fabri21 Is this person a member of the 110club by any chance? I am totally clueless.

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Maria Osswald (GER) (b. 25 September 1901-29 March 2012), 110 yrs, 186 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 11 April 2015.

Julianna Garbacz (POL) (b. 22 June 1900-18 July 2010), 110 yrs, 26 days, validated by GRG on these last days with date 14 April 2015.

Just the 8 years between the real and official validation date. 🙃 

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @fabri21

Someone unbearable is taking actions against the much-desired ethics and equality. And clearly, this person is desperate to do unfair actions against LQ (since LQ also supports ESO), we all know who this person is, he just came back from a long inactivity to create chaos between what's coming in way.

LQ will stand strong. 🙂 

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 16
Share: