11 Posts
9 Users
30 Likes
 Ben
(@ben)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I appreciate the admin team permitting me to extend my greetings to you all. 

Thank you all for the respect shown to LongeviQuest here on this forum from the start.  I understand that there have been many questions surrounding this new venture, especially prior to our recent personnel adjustment, yet you remained open-minded.

I no longer take an active role in the administration of The 110 Club, and I don’t plan to be an active member here.  However, I hope that my membership and this post conveys its intended message: there is no animosity between our communities.  Gathering to discuss supercentenarians should be a positive experience for everyone.  Over the past year, I have become well-educated on the issues plaguing the research community, which led me to understand the sincere reasons behind this forum’s founding.  I greatly respect this forum’s admin team, as well as many of the members here, some of whom I have been privileged to know for years. 

I look forward to continuing to engage with you all!

Best wishes,

Ben Meyers

ddmkm122, Ollie, Guillaume and 11 people reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the Global Supercentenarian forum, Ben.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

stoa-oid and FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Welcome to this forum, Ben! 🙂

P.S.: I hold no grudges against you for banning me from the 110 Club.

stoa-oid and FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

A cordial welcome to you, Ben!

We are pleased that you are joining the GSF and you know of course that I am admiring what you have established.

We hope that our two organizations will cooperate and a new plant is growing. Together we are very strong.

Sincere wishes from Austria,

stoa-oid/Nick

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @ben

Hello everyone,

I appreciate the admin team permitting me to extend my greetings to you all. 

Thank you all for the respect shown to LongeviQuest here on this forum from the start.  I understand that there have been many questions surrounding this new venture, especially prior to our recent personnel adjustment, yet you remained open-minded.

I no longer take an active role in the administration of The 110 Club, and I don’t plan to be an active member here.  However, I hope that my membership and this post conveys its intended message: there is no animosity between our communities.  Gathering to discuss supercentenarians should be a positive experience for everyone.  Over the past year, I have become well-educated on the issues plaguing the research community, which led me to understand the sincere reasons behind this forum’s founding.  I greatly respect this forum’s admin team, as well as many of the members here, some of whom I have been privileged to know for years. 

I look forward to continuing to engage with you all!

Best wishes,

Ben Meyers

Hi, Ben!

A very warm welcome to you! Although you don't intend on becoming an active member here, allow me to at least agree with you that there is no animosity between our two forums - indeed, the founding of this forum had everything to do with past issues. But now that those past issues seem to be over, let's hope that in the future we can become one again.

As for LongeviQuest, I'd like to offer you my congratulations on the promising start it has had, and allow me to express my genuine hope that - as others here have already mentioned - it indeed becomes a global entity, covering every corner in the world.

Kind regards,

the Admin

stoa-oid, ChrisR, Amck and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Ben and many thanks for taking the time to reach out to this Forum and to reiterate  the complete lack of any animosity, or negativity between our groups and forums, especially following a recent departures from LQ.

I’ve enjoyed our discussions and work together so far, which of course will continue in respect of LQ.

I can genuinely confirm to all interested parties that the quality and opportunity available to researchers is absolutely key in Ben’s mind and the early results confirm that great processes are already in place, which will only improve further in the coming weeks.

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Welcome Ben

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

In order to gather members into one forum, and to prevent confusion when various forums appear in Google search results and fragmentation of valuable information, I wish we could come together, uniting again into the one forum after a proper discussion of managers.

Even if the GSF will be closed, it is possible to keep all threads in the Internet Archive. Well, using "WayBackMachine" ( https://web.archive.org/save/) it's easy to take an archive pages.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

In order to gather members into one forum, and to prevent confusion when various forums appear in Google search results and fragmentation of valuable information, I wish we could come together, uniting again into the one forum after a proper discussion of managers.

Even if the GSF will be closed, it is possible to keep all threads in the Internet Archive. Well, using "WayBackMachine" ( https://web.archive.org/save/) it's easy to take an archive pages.

Do you think the admins of this forum would want to close it? Take into account that this and The 110 Club forums are managed by different people... Also, lots of members who are active here they are banned in The 110 Club...

But I also think the less the SCs forums are, the best for us. Because we have to spend more time searching for information/posting in various forums than in a single one..

Record_116 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

@siam I didn't strongly agree with this forum has a lot of active members who is permanently banned in The 110 Club. I think only 2 active members here are applies this case. One member's ban at The 110 Club is recently canceled.

But I of course strongly agree with the comment of "the less the SCs forums are, the best for us. Because we have to spend more time searching for information/posting in various forums than in a single one."

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

@record_116 I agree. I should write "some members are banned" instead of "lots of members are banned".

Record_116 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: