Hello from Southern California!

13 Posts
9 Users
6 Likes
(@futurist)
Fan
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm Futurist, 30, and am from southern California! I don't want to cause any trouble here but simply want to focus on studying supercentenarians. I hope that there will be no problems, but if there are any concerns, you are very welcome to block my PM function as a precautionary measure. I hope that this won't be necessary, but still, it would be better than me getting banned from this site. Again, I don't want any trouble. I just want to study and talk about SCs because that's what I really enjoy doing. SCs are a great connection to history and the last surviving members of their generations.

diego, Admin and Marco reacted
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Hi! Why would you be banned? We have a very welcoming forum.

ReplyQuote
Amck
 Amck
(@amck)
Fan

Welcome, futurist! This forum is very fair and welcoming, and in regards to behaviour and bannings you will get the same chances and rules as every other member πŸ™‚Β 

Interested in Gerontology since: May 13th 2016
Favourite Living Supercentenarian: Kikuyo Honma (1910-)
Favourite Supercentenarian Ever: Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018)
Profile Photo: Fusa Tatsumi (1907-)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the Global Supercentenarian Forum, Futurist.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piΓΉ longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi there Futurist - and welcome along.

We've not conversed for some years but I know you've mostly remained in the S/C space and I hope you enjoy your time here.

ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Futurist!

Don't worry about being banned, we are a friendly and welcoming group.

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Futurist!

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Hi, Futurist, and welcome to the forum!

Β 

After deliberation with my moderators, I've decided that we are going to have a cautious approach with you, so I have created a new usergroup for you - just because we think that is best for both us and you. This means you won't be allowed access to PMs, and you will be limited to only writing posts / responding to topics. Let's first see if you can show some improved, mature behaviour in your posts that also shows growth in self-awareness and self-reflection.

Also, I am strongly urging you to read the rules of this forum attentively, see here. Especially this sentence, "please show respect towards other members and treat them the way you wish to be treated," is applicable to you - be aware of boundaries (so don't ask private, invasive questions).

I realise our decision might seem unfair to you, but we have to consider the integrity of this forum.

Record_116 and Amck reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Welcome @futuristΒ 

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan
Topic starter  

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, everyone! πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @930310

Hi! Why would you be banned? We have a very welcoming forum.

Thank you, Jimmy! Honestly, I was just wondering about this because I got banned from the 110 Club a day after returning there after a months-long break for "asking childish, stupid, and disrespectful questions", according to my ban notice. So, I preemptively offered to be denied PM privileges here as a viable alternative to ensure that I won't be banned from here as well. Apparently my PMs on the 110 Club were too personal and nosy for some users. So, I've learned to try hard to be more prudent from now on.

As a side note, this is off-topic, but did you see my early-life research on Delphia Welford? I was able to discover two 1880 Mississippi state census entries for her and 1885 and 1892 school census entries for her. I was motivated to do this research when @Mendocino speculated about whether a younger sibling with the same name could have stolen Delphia Welford's identity sometime before 1900, with the older Delphia Welford dying young. But the 1892 school census for Delphia Welford's Mississippi county disproves this hypothesis since there's a 16-year-old Delphia Welford listed there with no younger Delphia Welford being listed, as there should have been if there was a second Delphia Welford who was born in the early 1880s (after the 1880 US Census was conducted). So, Yeah, the Delphia Welford who is listed as ages 4 and 5 in 1880 is the very same Delphia Welford who died in November 1992. No doubt about that. No possibility of any other identity switch since, based on your own research for her, her family tree is very well-documented.

Β 

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @amck

Welcome, futurist! This forum is very fair and welcoming, and in regards to behaviour and bannings you will get the same chances and rules as every other member πŸ™‚Β 

Thanks, Amck! πŸ™‚

Β 

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @chrisr

Hi there Futurist - and welcome along.

We've not conversed for some years but I know you've mostly remained in the S/C space and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks, Chris! πŸ™‚ As I previously said, I really like supercentenarians because they're our last surviving links to specific historical ages and eras. Pretty soon (within 10 years, most likely) the entire pre-World War I generation will already be dead, which will be very sad since the pre-World War I world was vastly different from the post-World War I world. When I first began following SCs, it was in late 2005, and the oldest living person was born in 1890, later "moved back" to 1889 with Maria Capovilla's verification. Now, the oldest living person is born in 1907. Maria Capovilla was already almost an adult when Maria Branyas Morera was born! Similarly, E. M. del Toro, the WOLM in 2005-2007, was already almost an adult when Juan Vicente Perez Mora was born!

Β 

ReplyQuote
Share: