Clear all

Other "Like" Options

11 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records
Topic starter  

Someone should add the "Sad" option instead of "Like". No one "Likes" a death report.

(@930310)
Gerontology student

@ryoung122 You just did. If there's no option other than a "like"-button, perhaps you don't need to react. This is a forum, not Facebook.

ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Topic starter  

@930310 When faced with the choice to "Like" the post or choose nothing, I felt it was better to choose "Like". It is a helpful suggestion to add more options.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@ryoung122 See the following discussion:

https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/debate/no-dislike-button-here-who-likes-this/#post-1372

In similar fashion, adding the possibility to react with sadness etc. will lead to it potentially being abused when disagreeing with others.

We're off topic, so I'll end the discussion here.

May Mrs. Abreu Columbie rest in peace.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Topic starter  

@930310 "Sadness" is not the same as "Disagree". "Sadness" means just that...sad that someone died.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. So far, WP Foro has not released anything that adds more "like" options to a post. There is an "Emoji" addon, but that's only about smileys used within a post.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

There's a dislike button for now, but I using this then only appears "you reacted this post". The word "reacted" feel me abstract, and I guess to change like "you liked/disliked this post" is better expression. But maybe technically impossible.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@record_116 (dis)liking is a form of reaction.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

I mean that the expression "React", people don't know if person/people used either button like or dislike.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Posted by: @record_116

There's a dislike button for now, but I using this then only appears "you reacted this post". The word "reacted" feel me abstract, and I guess to change like "you liked/disliked this post" is better expression. But maybe technically impossible.

This is due to a wpForo update, which we cannot change. In other words, yes, this is technically impossible. In fact, I'd be much happier if there weren't a dislike button.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Yes, I just tested both the like and dislike post options on the first post of this thread. They show the same thing "you reacted". So now people can react to posts and no one except the user who reacted can know if that reaction was a like or dislike. It says the same thing either way.

ReplyQuote
Share: