Clear all

Chiyo Miyako (JPN, 1901-2018)

5 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
(@sonicbox)
Fan
Topic starter  

Chiyo Miyako lived to the amazing age of 117. She was the former WOP before the current one. She was a double amputee. She was recognized by Guinness World Records as the oldest amputee ever.

Record_116 reacted
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

That's better, @sonicbox. πŸ™‚

Β 

Now, instead of focusing on Mrs Miyako's bodily limitations, perhaps in the future - also with regard to other supercentenarians - you could focus on other, more positive aspects of her life that made her noteworthy - such as her having been the last validated person born in 1901. πŸ˜‰ Thank you!

930310 and Sonicbox reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

She is also the oldest person ever not to have her own Wikipedia page πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)
γ€€

Posted by: @josia9353

She is also the oldest person ever not to have her own Wikipedia page πŸ˜‰

Very sad to see English Wikipedia Chiyo Miyako's page were vanished (also Misao Okawa and Gerurude Weaver page). I would like to use 😭 rather than πŸ˜‰ emoji. I recently voted to save Jeralean Tally's article, which was not deleted.

Chiyo Miyako is an important person as the former WOLP, and if Nabi Tajima was actually one year younger, Miyako would be the oldest Japanese person ever before Kane Tanaka surpassed.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研穢フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

@record_116 Ooh I didn't know she used to have one! (Well she's been WOP, so.. kinda obvious really). 😢 indeed

Thanks so much for saving Jeralean!! I love her! <3Β 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: