Clear all

Bradshaw Sims (USA, 1884-1995)

7 Posts
2 Users
10 Likes
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan
Topic starter  

Here is a photo from the obituary of Bradshaw Sims (1884-1995), from the February 23, 1995 edition of the San Luis Obispo Tribune, of her at age 100 that I don't think was known of before?

(An additional note: per her obituary, she died in the city of San Luis Obispo, where she had lived since 1963. I've seen her place of death be listed in tables as simply "California" or Redwood City, California - the obituary clears up where her place of death was.)

Dejan and ArthurBrazil reacted
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

Here is a photo from the obituary of Bradshaw Sims (1884-1995), from the February 23, 1995 edition of the San Luis Obispo Tribune, of her at age 100 that I don't think was known of before?

(An additional note: per her obituary, she died in the city of San Luis Obispo, where she had lived since 1963. I've seen her place of death be listed in tables as simply "California" or Redwood City, California - the obituary clears up where her place of death was.)

First photo of her in her centenarian years that I've seen.

Dejan and Sailor Haumea reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan
Topic starter  
Posted by: @930310

It comes from this obituary:

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan
Topic starter  

It comes from this obituary:

Part 2 of the obituary:

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@sailor-haumea Thanks. I'll add it to the article archive.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan
Topic starter  

@sailor-haumea Thanks. I'll add it to the article archive.

Do you have an index just of article archives? I can provide a few more articles on supercentenarians if you don't have them. I am wondering if you ever found any articles for Anna Bruder, Ida Turner, Julia Savage, Percie Ryan, Adelheid Kirschbaum, Edith Foster, Elizabeth Johnson, or Martha Williams, who as far as I know are the only SSA Study cases whose survival to 100+ hasn't been independently confirmed outside of the SSDI. I periodically check for articles on all of them but nothing ever comes up (in Julia Savage's case this is probably because West Virginia coverage on Newspapers.com is basically nonexistent for that time period).

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@sailor-haumea You can click on their names in the USA-file. Before their names I've noted whether I have articles for them or not.

ReplyQuote
Share: