Longest residence in single abode

13 Posts
10 Users
15 Likes
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan
Topic starter  

Sad to only encounter her at her death, but it's not unthinkable that Elsie Allcock could have been the person who has lived the longest in a single house (either consecutively or fragmented). 

https://pledgetimes.com/the-curious-story-of-a-woman-who-has-been-living-in-the-same-house-for-104-years/

Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Vidar Eide lives in the same house he was born in over 108 years ago, but I'm not sure if he's lived there for his entire life.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Florence Knapp (1873-1988) living in the same house for 110 years according to the Guinness Book. (2005 edition, I have it.)

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
heatwave116
(@heatwave116)
Fan

I believe the Andrade brothers lived in the same house their whole lives.

Josia9353 and Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

Willemina Hol (1898-2008) lived her entire life in the same house she was born in:

https://www.gelderlander.nl/rivierenland/ingen-neemt-afscheid-van-tante-mies~a131166e/

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@jimjim00 Florence Knapp moved to a nursing home in August 1983, shortly before her 110th birthday. So Wilhelmina Hol appears to have lived in the same place for a longer period of time.

Albano Andrade appears to be triumphant in this regard, at least for now.

Josia9353 and JimJim00 reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan
Topic starter  

Wow amazing, thanks everyone! =D

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I had thought that Violet Brown may have spent most or all of her life in one residence, before her final move to a hospital, though of course it's some time now since she passed away. 

Perhaps it was only her married life.

If it was the latter then it may have only been around 100 years.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

There's an ESO-validated Italian SC who's lived in the house she was born in all her life. (Documentation supports this.)

Overduidelijk misschien.

Josia9353 and seto2001 reacted
ReplyQuote
Gabriel_PT
(@gabriel_pt)
Fan

Maria do Couto Maia (1890-2005), the second-oldest person ever from Portugal, lived her whole life in the house where she was born and where she died. Her house was Nº313 of the street "Rua dos Lagos de Grijó", in Grijó, Porto. 

O CORAÇÃO DE MARIA DEIXOU DE BATER AOS 114 ANOS | PÚBLICO (publico.pt)

ESO Correspondent for Portugal

Josia9353 and 024Tomi reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan
Topic starter  

@gabriel_pt My god, that has to be the record for longest residence in a single house. Is that right?

ReplyQuote
Gabriel_PT
(@gabriel_pt)
Fan

@josia9353 that's what it says in the article: 

"Morreu na passada segunda-feira, no número 313 da Rua dos Lagos, na mesma casa que a viu nascer." - "She died last Monday, at number 313, Rua dos Lagos, in the same house where she was born."

In her baptism record, it says that her parents were residents in the place of "Lagos" in the parish of Grijó. Currently this place is a street, called "Rua dos Lagos de Grijó". As such, I believe that she has lived her entire life in the same house. 

It was a little common in Portugal for people to live their whole lives in the house where they were born, even when they got married. My grandmother (80 years old) has lived her entire life in the house where she was born. When she got married, my grandfather went to live with her and her parents, and when they had children they always lived together in the same house where she lives today.

It is very likely that Mrs Couto has always lived in the same house.

ESO Correspondent for Portugal

ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

A look into the past. I got my first Guiness book of records in 1982. The quality in these times was very good. 348 pages full of text with very small lines and little pics. Today you can find the complete opposite.

My grandfather, a very kind professor, had passed away, and so it was the first time that my dream possessing this book could come true. Grandfather didn´t allow to buy this category of books, because in his mind "brainless books" would make us stupid;-)... Unbelievable for the youngsters here...

So there (edition 1983) you can find the oldest German man, Fritz Witt, born Dec. 28 1874, Langholz/Schleswig-Holstein, 107 years old. He lived in the same house he was born. (The oldest German woman was Agnes Gerrath, Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, born March 22 1874, also 107 years old.)

Josia9353, ChrisR, diego and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: