Notifications
Clear all

Anisio Rodrigues Alves (BRA, 1892?-2009)

16 Posts
6 Users
7 Likes
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  

@coyote77 With this in mind, I find it interesting that a certain Brazilian man is not pending yet, even though he probably has more documentation than the majority of validated cases on LAS. I don't say he should immediately be validated given his importance, but that there are cases with a single (not even necessairly early-life) document appearing on the website, and him having a whole bunch of documentation and not appearing on the website... interesting. But I don't judge and I'm really thankful for making Tomás Pinales pending.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

@coyote77 With this in mind, I find it interesting that a certain Brazilian man is not pending yet, even though he probably has more documentation than the majority of validated cases on LAS. 

Incorrect, and it's dangerous to measure claim strength based on document # alone.

ReplyQuote
Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

@coyote77 With this in mind, I find it interesting that a certain Brazilian man is not pending yet, even though he probably has more documentation than the majority of validated cases on LAS. I don't say he should immediately be validated given his importance, but that there are cases with a single (not even necessairly early-life) document appearing on the website, and him having a whole bunch of documentation and not appearing on the website... interesting. But I don't judge and I'm really thankful for making Tomás Pinales pending.

Let me know when his case is as strong as this one: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0531556517301821

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  

@jef You're right, but there're many other factors which indicate for an experienced researcher that he's a true case. I'll never understand you pessimism towards him. 

Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jef

Let me know when his case is as strong as this one: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0531556517301821

You still didn't answer my question: why can't he be made pending if others can be made pending with like a tenth of his level of biography or documentation.

ReplyQuote
Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

You still didn't answer my question: why can't he be made pending if others can be made pending with like a tenth of his level of biography or documentation.

Who has a 10th of his level of biography or documentation?

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

@024tomi There's an answer for this, and an easy one: We haven’t check for Anisio’s siblings yet. With Tomas, we checked very well his children and siblings. But with Anisio, we can’t, since his birthplace isn’t online as far as I know....That’s why we can’t rule out identity swapping yet. Even if Anisio was 114 and not 116, I'm not sure yet if he would have been pending, according to our standards....Why? Let's take a look into Horacio...before we made him pending, we checked a lot for his siblings, children and death records of his town, just to make sure. And for Tomas, Stefan checked well for the siblings as well and in fact he had a genealogical tree…he had only sisters. Stefan went checking the summaries in the books to make sure as well. Plus, Tomas can be seen with one of his oldest daughter on a photo. This alone makes him stronger than Anisio, even with less documents. 

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

@024tomi Also, aside of Olimpio Pires and Satayo Kawamura, we don't have any single case added in the website without early-life documentation. 

ReplyQuote
Jef
 Jef
(@jef)
Fan

Answer: no case has a 10th of his biography or documentation.

You’re underestimating cases while overestimating his. Think about it.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I noticed that recently on the gerontology wiki site, Anisio was added to the oldest people from South America page with a #2 by his name instead of a blank space. We've discussed before that this site isn't exactly the best for accurate information, but I have a strong feeling that this is a good sign for his case. Hopefully a validation for him will come through soon...

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  

@aquanaut Do you seriously believe someone who participates in the validation would make a hint by editing the GW page of the oldest people from South America?

Ale76 and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@024tomi well yeah. It's possible that the GRG & LQ don't want to release his validation publicly quite yet, due to maybe privacy matters or something, so this is their way of "telling us" without actually telling us yet, if you know what I mean. Yeah, I know it's kind of a wild theory, but I think it's possible.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Beaumont
(@beaumont)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

@024tomi well yeah. It's possible that the GRG & LQ don't want to release his validation publicly quite yet, due to maybe privacy matters or something, so this is their way of "telling us" without actually telling us yet, if you know what I mean. Yeah, I know it's kind of a wild theory, but I think it's possible.

I can tell you quite confidently that nobody who participates in validations would have the inclination, or indeed the time, to do something like this.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@beaumont you're probably right

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@beaumont it was a wild theory, but I mean I guess it is possible. But yeah, I mean I'm sure the gerontologists are probably pretty busy and wouldn't have time to think up or actually edit the page. They probably have much bigger things to worry about. I guess I didn't think my theory through.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

There is probably a good chance that the GRG may verify Anisio before anyone else; though the robustness of the decision would be the first thing most experts would look at.

I’d imagine though that they would potentially have less documentation than others at this stage, given the role of LAS and then its alignment with LQ.

ReplyQuote
Share: