Clear all

Emma Morano (ITA, 1899-2017)

12 Posts
8 Users
33 Likes
(@andrea2002)
Fan
Topic starter  

Emma Morano was an italian supercentenarian who lived 117 years and 137 days. She has been since May 12th 2016 until her death on April 15th 2017 the oldest living person of the world. She was the last living person of the world born before 1900.
She is the oldest italian person ever, the 3rd oldest european person ever and the 8th oldest validated person ever.

Pavlos123, WellAbove110, Sonicbox and 2 people reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Riposa in pace carissima Zia Emma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Some Emma Morano content I haven't seen mentioned before is this documentary about her from 2008, when she was 109:

It's amazing to think that she would go on to live an additional 7+ years past this recording! 

There's also this video of her singing on her 111th birthday in 2010:

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
(@andrea2002)
Fan
Topic starter  

Today is the 5th anniversary of Emma Morano’s death. Riposa in pace carissima Emma!!!😢💜

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

I remember that day well. It was a sad day and it rained here in Helsingborg.

Rest in peace, Emma Morano.

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Already 5 years ago... I also remember that day. The first WOP death that occured after I registered to the 110 Club and the Gerontology Wiki in the autumn of 2016.

Rest in peace, dear Emma Morano.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

I well remember that sad day. It was the day before Easter 2017. I was informed by Rosi, niece of Zia Emma (maybe someone could remember this sweet lady who had cared Zia Emma for years). Zia Emma had a stroke in January 2017 and she has been ill for 3 months....family and friends well knew that the end was near but we all hoped in a miracle.....It seemed impossible that Zia Emma could leave us ...

Riposa in pace cara Zia Emma

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@mendocino I have the entire meeting with Emma that I, Waclaw Jan Kroczek and Georg Fürholzer made in December 2015 recorded.

WellAbove110, Record_116, Pavlos123 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pavlos123)
Fan

She was probably the first SC i was following closely through the internet. Two basic reasons of my particular interest were that she was from a neighbouring country and really robust for her age. After her death, i became again less interested in SCs for some time, but certainly she played a role in my interest in extreme longevity.

RIP Emma Morano, a really amazing lady. 😢

ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

I remember like it was yesterday. Emma Morano was an exceptional lady, and her legacy will continue to dazzle.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Masa Matsumoto, who was born in Shiga prefecture, Japan (the same as my birthplace) is being born exactly 10 years after Emma Morano's birth.
I feel great potential in Ms. Matsumoto, so it would be great if someone born exactly 10 years later than Ms. Morano will be the WOP.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

WellAbove110 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Zia Emma's 124th birthday today.

Riposa in pace 🙏🙏🙏🙏

diego, ChrisR, 930310 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: